• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Transfer case

kcollum

Hello, I am new to the madness, I have purchased a 1970 Jeep Corp. Deuce. in good shape. It has a vibration in the floor board at 25 mph and above. Checked all fluid levels and all are good and clean. I remove the front drive shaft and took a ride, no more vibration. Front drive shaft had small amount of play in u-joints so i have replaced them. Re installed and vibration is back but not as bad. The front output
yoke on transfer case has a little play not bad and no seal leak could it be I have a bad pinion bearing on the front wheel drive output of the case?

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

KsM715

Bent/unbalanced drive shaft, or something in the front end that is transfering the vibration from the front end to the transfercase through the shaft.

smoke

Welcome to the site. Before anybody else tells you try and use search and also look in tm You can download them from site. Your driveshaft maybe out of balance.Any dents or a missing wieght could throw balance off. I would also go through do a good frontend inspection for any loose or wore out parts. little wear here and there ends up being a vibration or a shimmy.Just my 2cents Hopefully someone else will chime in now. Ksm715 beat me too it

kcollum

Thanks, I will have the drive shaft checked for true. With shaft out I had no vibration so it might be the shaft. Have downloaded the TM's From JATONKA's website. Great info

Ken,

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have had issues with the pinion bearings in the front axle coming loose. While the DS is out, see if you can move the flange on the axle up/down. Thats been my vibration source for 2 yrs in a row.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks