• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Trouble

dustinwynn

My m35a2 white multy fuel keeps dying when i get in to 3rd or 4th gear and will half to use eather to get it to start
back up. The truck can set for a week and start wright up and run fine but when i get it on the road it will dye when
you get it in to a high gear. i cleaned the fuel tank, new filters all 3 of them have five pounds of fuel psi at the filters
when i turn on the lift pump. when i start the truck i have 30 to 40 pis at an idle. i did set on the finder as we ran it down the road and when we got it in to 3rd gear prttel on the floor it started losing power and my pressure went down to nothing it dyed and that is what it dose ever time amy help? fill free to call me 580-515-3035 i just need to know were to start thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know you said the filters a new, but it really sounds starved for fuel to me.

Try letting it sit for a couple days, then open the drains on all 3 filters and turn the power on. let them drain out any water that has settled and see how she runs. One time when I got some water in my fuel, I had to swap filters 2 or 3 times.

rustystud

I know you said the filters a new, but it really sounds starved for fuel to me.

Try letting it sit for a couple days, then open the drains on all 3 filters and turn the power on. let them drain out any water that has settled and see how she runs. One time when I got some water in my fuel, I had to swap filters 2 or 3 times.
If you do have water in your system it can really mess up things. I once got a bad load of fuel. It had a ton of water in it. After driving for a couple of hours the truck started to act like it was possessed ! It finally stop running altogether. After checking out the fuel system I found water in the filters. I had to drain the whole system.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need to sit on the fender Macqyver. Have you look over the TM trouble shooting the 465 as it can help narrow down things. Also are you makeing oil as in oil pan has more in it than when you last checked.
As said above Filters is where we seem to go first. Water logged filters will not flow. I asked about the oil as we have a boost pump in the IP that could leak and possible loss of fuel pressure. Then the only outher way it would seem to loose fuel pressure was if the secondary and final filter bypass valve in the secondary block was opening at way to low of pressure. That over flow should open at 60 to 70 lbs. Keep us posted.

Last edited:

dustinwynn

Thank you guys for the replys. when i got the truck about a mounth ago it had set for 3 or 4 years started it with eather and it started
and run good so i headed home and that is when it did it the first time so i pulled it home dumped the old diesel out of the tank had to put a new in line
fuel pump on it the tank pump was bad. so new pump clean tamk and new filters i started it and it ran great drove it around the mile section no
trouble killed it. went back out to take the boy for a ride got just out of the drive in to 3rd geer it dyed. so i started over pulled the tank power wased it
clean got a new in tank pump another 3 fuel filters all new diesel. took my time on tank there can not be any water in it i hope. but to end it its doing the same
thing after all that so i cant thank it could be water

jasonjc

Check the fuel line that cross under the front frame cross member. It can get smashed. Did the new intank pump have a new hose on it?

dustinwynn

Yes sir. i did put one on when i put the new pump in the tank. And i just checked the line on the cross member it is not smashed. Do you thank the rubber hose on the end of it were it hooks to the inj. pump mite be clolaping in side of it. i have sean break lines do that. thank you Sir for your help let me know

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its worth a try on the rubber hose. Also as said no need to take a ride on the fender just raise the RPM by hand in netrual with truck parked. The gage should show 60lbs at high idle.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Where is the reading coming from? If not at the fdc or hydraulic head, you don't know for sure its not the filters.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look over the troubleshooting the 465 TM. Sometimes you can skip around but the 465 troubleshooting has a good order in which to run down the problem. Just have to ask is she getting plenty of air?

dustinwynn

got home tonight and ran a gauge up to the cab were i could see the psi on the fuel pump wile i was running down the road. the psi staed at 60 psi got in to 3rd gear the truck on the floor and it started down hill the psi was still at 60 psi the truck quite and died. had to eather it 2 or 3 times and got it running it smoked
and run bad for a bit then cleared up and ran fine back to the house. Going slow and not running it on the floor when i got back i took the air filter off just to see if that helped tryed it. It ran to the same spot on the road and quit again. pulled a inj. pump off a 5 ton and will try it. at a loss hope this works

rustystud

got home tonight and ran a gauge up to the cab were i could see the psi on the fuel pump wile i was running down the road. the psi staed at 60 psi got in to 3rd gear the truck on the floor and it started down hill the psi was still at 60 psi the truck quite and died. had to eather it 2 or 3 times and got it running it smoked
and run bad for a bit then cleared up and ran fine back to the house. Going slow and not running it on the floor when i got back i took the air filter off just to see if that helped tryed it. It ran to the same spot on the road and quit again. pulled a inj. pump off a 5 ton and will try it. at a loss hope this works
It still sounds like water in the system. A diesel engine needs only 3 things to work. 1. Air 2. Fuel 3. Compression. We know it has compression and is getting air that leaves fuel. You cleaned out the fuel tank completely correct ? and replaced the fuel pump. Did you replace the fuel hose with a diesel submersion rated hose ? Did you blow out all the fuel lines ? I also run brake cleaner through the lines after cleaning them (it evaporates fast) and blow it out with compressed air. Did you check all the fuel lines for any damage ? Crushed lines can cause starvation problems. Are you running good fuel from a reputable dealer ? I once got a bad load of fuel from a local Chevron dealer. There tanks where low and it sucked up the bottom gunk and water from there tank into mine. If you suspect fuel, take a sample out ( preferably from the bottom of your tank) and put it in a clear glass jar. Let it settle overnight. If there is water in it, it will separate out. Water to the bottom and fuel to the top. You also could have a line that has a pin hole in it. It could be sucking in air causing a air pocket, and when it reaches the injector there is no fuel to burn. Or you could just have a bad injection pump ! ( Hydraulic Head ).

dustinwynn

Thank you guys for all the input. I will post back after i get the injuction pump changed and see if it works. I hope the duce gods smile on me. putting the pump on and timeing it with out pulling the radiator and doing by just fill is like painting the inside of the house through the mail sloot. but it on and all i like is the fuel lines and injuctor lines.

dustinwynn

Sorry but i know my spelling is bad my wife and kids tell me all the time. I know i spell it like it sounds did not take muck stock in school and i am paying for it now. i will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if the control rod could be sticking not letting him get to 7 oclock but enough fuel to show 60 70 lbs at the filters

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks