• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Trouble

Hainebd

Last year drove Brute upstate about 150 miles. She ran good. We camped for 3 days and then came home. Stopped and filled fuel tank at about 1/2 way mark. After the fill up she ran like she had another engine under the hood. Then about 25 miles started missing in 5th. Then in 4th. I stopped and looked saw no issues so I drained the filter bowls. Well she was back to running fantastic again. When I drained the filters I use a bottle to catch. After a day sitting there was water in the bottom. Now I was running WMO. Now just #2 with a little oil. So start at the tank. If you can drain th bottom. Check the screen and lift pump. Check every inch of line. Replace the filters. Bleed all lines the bleed injector lines. If she runs at low load but runs out at high load. And no air obstruction such as dirty wet filter or mouse nest. Then fuel delivery is the issue. I am sure there is a good fuel tech that can help with IP and/or injectors. Does the oil smell like fuel? May be leaking and flooding out since it smokes bad at restart. The rubber lines can rupture inside and block the fuel also. Yes TM are great but most of us just want to DRIVe!

dustinwynn

Good news guys put the new inj. pump on and it runs great. Just got to drive it a mile or 2 but she never nissed a beet. So i guss it is somthing in that old pump. would like to tear in to it but i have to send in back for a core. But i would not no what was bad in it anyway. Thank you guys so much for all your help. i am shure i will be back asking for more help love the sight keep up the good work. and i will work on my spelling.

dustinwynn

Took the duce out for a 20 mile drive today and it ran good. thank you all for the help. now to get a tittle and and tag and go on a road trip.

rustystud

Would be glad to take you. what would you suggest for a muffler on my duce i do not like it loud and wright by the window.
I went with a "Donaldson". Others have "Walkers" and if I had $350.00 burning a hole in my pocket I would go with the stainless steel " AeroTurbine 3535 XL " .

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks