• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce truck pull??

dm22630

My county is having its monthly "truck pull" at the fairgrounds tomorrow night....and I want to pull in the deuce.

Who has done this before here?

What are some secrets so I dont stall out & look stupid?

How will it do?

Thanks!

FreightTrain

Banned
Rule #4 Third to half throttle and roll outta the clutch in 2nd high range.Don't just jump off(blow drive line parts) and don't ease out(fry the clutch).Hammer down and hold on until you see either the red flag flying or lots and LOTS of smoke from under teh hood!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
There was a member on here that pulled with his. He no longer has the duece but I believe he bought it from DMA251 in Washington then drove it back to Cali, used it in some events and sold it. He was a writer for some offroad magazine (JPmagazine?)which has pictures posted online, I wish I remebered which magazine but there are pics of him pulling with it, he went by "twinpinion" here. He had a story about his purchase of the duece and the roadtrip involved. I met him at the local DMV when he was getting it registered.

5tonpuller

dm22630 said:
My county is having its monthly "truck pull" at the fairgrounds tomorrow night....and I want to pull in the deuce.

Who has done this before here?

What are some secrets so I dont stall out & look stupid?

How will it do?

Thanks!
I pull my 5 ton almost every year at the county fair. Of course it is just for show. Put it in the lowest gear you got, make sure all 6 are digging. Hook the hook to the pindle. Start out easy like you start out from a light,and then floor it. The governer will do the rest. When it starts to work. The dark smoke comes , the people go nuts. :lol: :twisted:
The pictures are from 2 years ago. Last year the guy that runs the slede said he has no time and started packing up. O well. This year was the same. :cry:
O yes, Have a paper ready to hand the guy with the mike with some info about the truck. Makes a better show.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Deuce truck pull??

Hmmm...wonder how a 10-ton tractor like a M123 or a M911 would do. Is it possible to pull the entire drag sled even when the concrete block is all the way at the front?

M1075

Re: RE: Re: Deuce truck pull??

maddawg308 said:
Hmmm...wonder how a 10-ton tractor like a M123 or a M911 would do. Is it possible to pull the entire drag sled even when the concrete block is all the way at the front?
I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if the M911 would pull it sideways down the track! You would want some serious weight over the 5th wheel though.

rhinomike

RE: Re: RE: Re: Deuce truck pull??

There is a truck and tractor pull at "old time days" show Dover, Pa Oct. 21st- 24th ish The promoter stopped me and asked me the bring the deuce and my pick up. it's a cool show, family type, fireworks camping, sorta tractor/farm/ engine /equipment/ county fair type thing. I live less then a mile from the show. if anyone is interested I'll get the info out.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

pulled down a house with the M35. I used 1st low. Is the object to get the sled up to a speed so it slides better?

scooter01922

That looks like a ball, think i'm gonna need to look for a truck pull at the local fairs this fall. Any guesses on just how much weight would do your average deuce some good in the traction department without hurting power??

BEASTMASTER

my buddie made a( thing) we call it, it's a channel iron frame with deuce axels and a 429 ford engine on it . WOW!! we're taking it to the county fair in rochester in a couple weeks 8/23 and see if we can enter it in the tractor pulling event? should be someting to see and hear ,boy is it loud,no mufflers just 3 foot header pipes.i gotta get my niece to teach me to upload pics on this thing. :driver:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I pulled in 1st gear high range and had no trouble. They extended the chain to make it harder for me to pull.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

First picture,starting line. Second picture, the grandstands are off to the right! Yes, Full Pull.

dm22630

UPDATE:

I went....paid my $10 to get in...then was told that I could NOT pull because I had dual tandem axles! WTF!!!

I drove through the fairgrounds in 2nd low gear @ 2400 rpms :mrgreen: EVERYONE was staring & giving me thumbs up :mrgreen:

On a better note the young guy at the gate wants to buy a deuce from me reeeeally bad....so maybe I will only have 13 instead of 14 soon ;)

Alredneck

Banned
Hmm, Ive always wanted to do that with Apoc but theres no truck pulls I have found here in the panhandle of FL to attend so maybe when I get back to TN. Good Luck to all in the one trying keep feeding the others info in our attemps!