• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Use?

Carl_in_NH

As many folks have already stated, they are affordable and can haul just about anything you'd need to haul with a ranch truck. You can even fix them - because there's no darned computers or sensors in them to fail. All this - and for less than you'd pay for a clapped out used pickup truck. What's not to love?

JCKnife

Having something to wrench on is fun, relaxing, rewarding. And it only costs a tiny fraction of what my last convertible cost...

Attachments

jime

I just used mine to yank my wife's saturn out of a four foot ditch. "Honey....could you bring the Toyota over to Perry Road. One of my wheels is a little off of the road." :cookoo: I arrive at the scene and the Saturn is listing 30 decrees, wheels spinning helplessly in the snow as she is high centered. The Toyota hasn't the guts to pull it out. The saturn actually sinks further in the ditch as it just pulls parallel with the road.

Off to get Bucephalus! :driver: Hooked her up and that saturn came out of the ditch like the cork out of a champaign bottle! "Oh Honey! We're lucky you had the deuce!"

Reactions: NRG

ctmustang

I own them because I can. And it is all possible because of our guys and gals in the armed sevices that keep our country free. And like the others I always wanted a huge truck but couldn't justify the expense of owning a huge pickup just to drive around and be cool in! And just maybe we're all saving a tiny or huge piece of military history. Just m 4 cents
CT

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was a little kid I spent hours out in the back yard under a big hickory tree pushing my Tonka toys all over the yard. I had bulldozers, front end loaders, dump trucks and a big TEXACO tanker truck (hey all the other vehicles had to have fuel).
Then I went in the Army in 1972 and discovered all the toys Uncle Sam had and would let me play with......Gamma Goats, Jeeps, M37's GOERS and the good old deuce.
I spent two years in Germany in a signal unit....I got detailed to the mess hall as a driver and spent the next two years driving a deuce.
Ahhh the days of my misspent youth.
A few years ago I discovered this site and my fate was sealed. At that time I had far more money than sense and went off the deep end buying trucks.
While my financial fortunes have changed my love of the deuce (and the other adoptees in the Motor Pool) has not.
I have culled the herd down to a manageable size and now I plan to restore what I have.
Now they are therepy.......I am working through a lot of personal issues and when I get overwhelmed I can go out and work among them until I feel better.
They can be frustrating and demanding buy ya got to love them.

tiger422

1st. one for hunting camp 2nd for on and off road fun.
If you need to ask this you may not want to get one it takes alot of work and you need to love it to put in the required time and money to make it safe.
Jim

semojeep

I have a 14 year old son and a 74 year old father. When we all three ride together the Duece can bridge three generations. Everyone has their own reasons, what matters is what tugs at your heart and soull. Just like the Jeep comercials, this not just a truck, it can transport you to a better place.