• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce values...?

rmgill

So I've mentioned looking at swapping my 5 ton for a Deuce. I looked at a friends Deuce this past weekend. It's a nice truck. David Schaeffer and his son Joe really seem to know their stuff. The truck is in really good shape. Its a M35 Cargo w the whistler turbo and Multifuel w/W. They've got a newish GMA Cover Corp cab top for it and cargo cover. Front axle air disconnect switch in the cab and the usual hot water cab heater. There are a few spots of rust, but nothing of significance. Oh, paint is an OD variation of MERDC.

What's a reasonable price on such a truck?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Since theres no blue book section for these trucks I am gonna throw an estimate out there based on what I see them going for in military vehicles magazine and what they sell for on ebay. $4000-$5000, maybe more if its really clean. Hopefully I dont offend anyone since there are trucks I see advertised for $8500 that never get sold. Just an estimate only for a site unseen truck based on your description.

Monster Man

the east coast is just glutted- you're looking at a 20-30% increase for west coast trucks, just due to supply and demand. I dealt with that when shopping for mine, and when I sold it. Something is really only worth what you can get for it, but that truck, if there's no bad rust, is tuned up, needs no parts, with the winch and heater and cargo cover I'd say is about a $5700-6000 truck around here.

rdixiemiller

Dave's truck is in good shape. Are you the one with the 5 ton that was at Kennesaw? Nice looking truck. I had mine parked down inside the middle (single radials) on Sat. only. I paid 3K$ for mine, no winch.

Low-Tech-Redneck

From personal experience, this is what we've noticed when shopping for M35's

- Trucks that need minor to major work but are otherwise salvagable seem to go for around $2500 to $3K

-Sound trucks that can be driven off the lot, but have noticable cosmetic damage/rust or other minor mechanical blemishes are between 3K and 5K

-Trucks with good running motors and good bodies and no pending problems go between about 5K and 8K, and even higher depending on what the seller thinks they have.

Goverment Liquidation trucks seem to go a bit cheaper than surplus dealer trucks, and dealer trucks go cheaper than most of the private Ebay sales, which really inflate the price.

Add about an extra couple hundred dollars if the truck has an extra desireable feature like a hard top, winch, dropside bed or complete bow/canvass set.

rmgill

rdixiemiller said:
Dave's truck is in good shape. Are you the one with the 5 ton that was at Kennesaw? Nice looking truck. I had mine parked down inside the middle (single radials) on Sat. only. I paid 3K$ for mine, no winch.
My 5 Ton wasn't there. I don't think Dave had his there either. I figure his is worth more than $5K. But I'm not sure how much more. I'm not looking to be unfair with him either, but I know some deuces have been going for too much. I'm starting to lean towards about $6500 - $7000. Does that sound reasonable for a good M35 w/W?

Pappa-G

I wouldn't pay more than $4k unless it was in musuem condition or a gun truck. But thats just me spend what it's worth to you I'm what you call cheap tight -POOR.

FSBruva

I agree wholeheartedly. Learning what it's worth takes time, I think, and an appreciation of how much it would cost to get a certain truck up to what you think you want it to be when it's done. (not that they're every really done, but you know)

Matt

Towerguy1

I think Low-Tech's responce is good. Condition is important but you must take into account the accessories it has, or how much it would be to add them. Tarps, winches, troop seats etc. all ad up. Look at a large number of trucks with different options to get a good feel........

rmgill

Hmm, Talked to David more tonight. He's proposed a swap of my M813A1 for his M35w/w (both cab and cargo cover) plus $1000 plus 5 spare tires (2 90%, 2 50%, 1 75%), 1 spare fuel tank with, and some parts (dog bones and a few things like that). I'm not sure I need 5 spare tires... :? Hmm.

My M813A1 does admittedly have three things that worry him.
1. Fuel issue, I'm hoping to sort that out with a fuel filter swap
2. Sloppy gear shifting from 3rd to 4th. You have to get it to change just right, Double clutching helps, finding the gate is tricky too. I get it most of the time by slapping the lever over and then back as I double clutch
3. A few bits of rust on the lower edges of the cab and around the battery box.

I paid $9500 for the truck, so basically I'm looking at a $8500 for his truck plus $1000 from him. That'd allow me to get my trailer I need to haul the dingo (not a bad trade I don't think). I was thinking $6500-$7500 for his truck based on my feel of it.

Thoughts? :?

rdixiemiller

Dave has had his truck for several years, and he is a die hard MV'er. His son is a walking encyclopedia of MV's!
You can never have enough spare tires.
As I have said in other posts, if you are happy, it was a good deal.

Towerguy1

There are no blue book values in the MV world. M35's can sell from 2500 to 12,500 plus. Condition and options play a role but nothing is set in stone. Like rdixiemiller said If your happy, It's a good deal. It sounds reasonable to me, But thats my opinion.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks