• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Valve Cover gasket TM? Torque spec?

peashooter

I'm a little new to the deuce world and am having trouble finding the TM for replacing the valve cover gaskets on my M109a3 LDT465. I know this is probably super easy but for once I decided I had better read the directions so I dont take anything for granted. Basically wondering if there is any torque spec for the valve cover bolts. I've tried the searches but no luck yet. Thanks for any help

kennys@wi.rr.com

Is the valve cover reusable or does it have to be replaced each time? I am looking to reset the valves on mine and I need to know if I have to replace it.

peashooter

Is the valve cover reusable or does it have to be replaced each time? I am looking to reset the valves on mine and I need to know if I have to replace it.
its reusable, but they are also cheap so it never hurts to replace them while your at it-I think I paid $12 for a set from Erics. they are thick buggers, probably a good 1/4". I didnt see anything in the TM about using sealant but I did put some on the valve cover just to help hold the gasket in place when putting it all back on.

rccollin

its reusable, but they are also cheap so it never hurts to replace them while your at it-I think I paid $12 for a set from Erics. they are thick buggers, probably a good 1/4". I didnt see anything in the TM about using sealant but I did put some on the valve cover just to help hold the gasket in place when putting it all back on.

Im needing to get valve cover gaskets. You aid they are $12 per set from Eric's. Do you have the link to where I can order them from? Thanks.

peashooter

Well, they appear not to be in stock. Here is the link though that has the various part numbers for the valve cover gaskets. Try calling a few of the dealers and or checking their website to see if they have any. Eriks, Boyce Equipment, White Owl, ebay, Saturn Surplus, Eastern Surplus, realcustomtrucks.com (run by a member of this site)

part numbers:p/N 10899080, 375134D. NSN 5330008855723

Erik's link: http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/vacogasetfor.html