• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce vs neon

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
JMH4x4 sorry I missed the action in Whiteford.That sounds like what happened to one of my sons deuces last month.He let one of our friends use it in a parade and some one crossed the center line and hit the front rear axle and bent the axle like a pretzel,totaled the other vehicle.If you need a wheel or tire call me. JOHN.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thought, Dave helped me with an insurance quote for my winches that were stolen and recovered. I appreciated his help.

jmh4x4

Kohburn - The # for gulfway is 1-800-940-5010, they are out of Florida, most likely the policy will be a Travelers Policy, that they issue, its odd, but it works, (so far, lol)

John- yeah I had main st closed for about an hour, was gonna start selling some pop corn and beverages to all the on-lookers, it was probably the most excitement we've had on the block for some time, lol. Sorry to hear about your son's truck, luckly it seems like my damage is minimal compared to his, people must not be able to see these trucks due to all the camo on them.

I'll give eastern a call, the adjustor contacted a couple dealer/surplus sites, picked a higher priced one to base the estimate off of.

jmh4x4

a funny side note, I tried to get 10 brand new tires out of this (at least 8 back tires) with the, "the tread depths will be unqual causing a poor handling vehicle" routine you hear everytime at a tire store when you need to get a replacement tire, and that you must replace all 4 tires.... The guy was good, with out even blinking he whipped the depth guage out and showed me that all the tires had different depths...it was worth the try;)

jmh4x4

Conclusion:
I finally settled my insurance claim, Gulfway (Travelers) was extremely helpful, prompt, and proactive in getting this resolved. The adjustor researched several supply sites to determine a fair price for parts, labor, and the such. The at fault party's insurance, Farmers, was also very prompt in settling the matter, and even insisted that I get a rental vehicle while mine was repaired. I declined

Much thanks to Rideni, I am back on the road. On the bright side, I now have freshly painted rims all the way around.

The downside - I have been supenaed as a witness in the DUI/DWI and reckless driving charges against the other party, so I get to use my hard earned leave in a court room and fill out a bunch of paperwork which I recieved today, of course the states attorney must have forgot to put return postage on the envelope. :roll:

rideni

Conclusion:
I finally settled my insurance claim, Gulfway (Travelers) was extremely helpful, prompt, and proactive in getting this resolved. The adjustor researched several supply sites to determine a fair price for parts, labor, and the such. The at fault party's insurance, Farmers, was also very prompt in settling the matter, and even insisted that I get a rental vehicle while mine was repaired. I declined

Much thanks to Rideni, I am back on the road. On the bright side, I now have freshly painted rims all the way around.

The downside - I have been supenaed as a witness in the DUI/DWI and reckless driving charges against the other party, so I get to use my hard earned leave in a court room and fill out a bunch of paperwork which I recieved today, of course the states attorney must have forgot to put return postage on the envelope. :roll:
You declined a rental? I want to know what farmers would have had to of rented thats comparable to a deuce.

jmh4x4

believe me the thought crossed my mind, could I have gotten them to give me a dump truck rental, or equivlant, which would have been good in my firewood collecting or demand that I get an equivlant military vehicle, the possibilities were endless, in the end I just wanted to be done with all of this, so I declined.

Monica

I don't know about yours, but my camo is three color, green, black and brown, NOT asphault grey, or concrete white. Now, if the Deuce were out in the woods, and some hunter missed a "deer" and shot the truck, I'd understand (except for the bad aim...) No excuse in an urban setting.

Flyingvan911

My van is Charcoal grey with metal flake. That seems more camo with pavement than 383. On the bright side, if I ever hit my van with my deuce, I can say my van was too camouflage!

saddamsnightmare

September 22nd, 2010.

I still think my insurance company is in shock, as I gently bumped a Dodge Caravan due to my foot slipping off the clutch on a downshift with the Unimog coming to a stop. The impact was less then 1MPH..... I did about $5.00 damage to the Unimog's bumper (paint scratch) and the Caravan came out much worse, creased gate, popped stop light, and skinned bumper.....
NOW I know why I won't drive civillian trucks and cars..... They still won't believe the Unimog was fixed within 24 hours for a can of Woodland Green Rustoleaum* paint....
German Engineering 1, Dodge Caravan -0! I was closing up after the usual 25 foot back safety stop, as traffic was heavy that day and they get cranky around here if you leave a gap that large in front of you...

Cheers,:confused:

Last edited: