• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Vs Russian Counterpart

landfillman

I remeber in 98 Mom took me and my younger brother down to Gulfport for a vacation before I went to college. Right outside of Gulfport I remeber seeing what looked like hundreds of Russian trucks. SOme even had 8 wheel drive. Ithought it was neat. Three years ago on the way back from our honey moon we made our way back through gulfport and they were still there. Grown up around them. They had directional tractor looking tires.

spicergear

If the guy was speaking of the Ural or Zil trucks, sorry fellas...I'd side with him. WHY did it take us so long to use large super singles and dump the traditional NDT design?!?? A Ural with directional Omsk large singles would certainly go where the deuce wouldn't. Eight skinny slick with notches cut out of them is a lot less traction than four meaty directionals on the rear of anything. Here's a fun video...but nevertheless, this argument could be based solely on traction alone. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lym_fL6KMhA[/media]

‪ZIL-131 ro?ník 1967 v akci‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited:

Monty

Cool video, I thought the same thing that truck was to top heavy to stay upright.

I would tell your commie worker that my truck is better than his because I can own one here in the great U.S. of A. I doubt he owned the one he drove (if he even did drive one).

And why is it that the people from the Eastern bloc countrys (or any other for that matter)decide to come to this country and then say they had it better or better things were they came from.

Tell him to take his BUTT back home, then he can tell of his fellow commies about how great he had it here.

I'd give hime the one finger salute and walk away.

Monty

Good to know that someone with so little command of the English language is operating a Commercal Vehicle on our highways.:roll::roll:
You said what I was thinking, I love this country but sometimes I question who's letting what go on.

I came across a Semi that the driver fell asleep etc. the freeway went left and he kept going straght. plowed into the concrete that kept him from falling off the overpass onto trafic below.

I went up to the cab to see if he was all right and all he said was "ckdkfjh jeop pkm nvhrip fjf fjfjjjkeow" I said OK and motioned for him to get away from the truck because he ripped one saddle tank off and the other was leaking fuel right to were he was hiding from the rain under the trailer.

I couldn't even ask him if he was OK I had to yell and motion with my hands to get him to move.

aua

F18hornetM

Dont worry, If you can't read or write English, the MVA will give you a commercial test orally!! In the language you speak...!! I would think there is alot of room for interpretation in an oral exam. "oh yeah thats what I meant" kinda thing. And they want me finger printed and back ground check, and I've had a commercial lincense since they made them!!! Go figure

Blood_of_Tyrants

Since most of the Soviet machinery is a direct rip off of our stuff I think that he may not realize that his Soviet truck may have had more in common with the US trucks than he cares to admit.
Yep. The Russians built (but never launched) a space shuttle that was practically an exact copy of the US built space shuttle. That was because it was based on stolen copies of plans for our space shuttle.

But one thing the Rooskies didn't copy was helicopter designs. Man, they can bulid some excellent helicopter.

landfillman

THats a shame about those trucks, I liked looking at them through the fences. Does anyone know their story how the got to MS other than containership lol.

I have a friend that was a Farmer in the Ukrain and alos worked construction. He told me they were good trucks and that the single tires gove better floatation and they broke down alot. He s kinda like us likes big loud machinery and pretty normal fellow. His uncle on the other hand everything was better there lol.

My friends father was at the Russian Air show that had the rushed copy of the Concord that crashed out. Said it was typical reverse rushed engineering.

Back on point They claimed the trucks were made to be easily repaired in the feild even if it was reppeatedly.

landfillman

Thanks for the link, I found a little online and talked to a trucker friend of mine that knows where a farm is down there that has 3 of them for LGP spray rigs. He said they may be up for sale soon. Every time I was down that way we never could get anyone to talk about them.

Katahdin

I think the Russians have a way to settle this thread, we just need to arrange an East vs West Matchup:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEX9rlHQTFE[/media]

Heath_h49008

Good to know that someone with so little command of the English language is operating a Commercal Vehicle on our highways.:roll::roll:

When I was a young lad working parts at a Freightliner dealership in Kalamazoo, Mi we had a canadian tagged truck come in with an entire family.. 2 actually... of Pakistanis living in it. Two guys, two women, and like 3 kids. The clutch was out if I remember right, and we told them to put the hook back on it and get the truck out of our lot. Luckily, my boss had to deal with that half of it.

They had cut a hole in the condo floor and had been using it as a toilet as they went down the road, the entire bottom of the truck was covered in human waste and the cab/condo reeked like I can only imagine a concentration camp could.

They didn't speak english worth a ****, and tried to set up house in our rest lounge doing laundry in the little sink next to the coffee maker. It was not a great experience. They just looked at us like we were nuts for not thinking this was normal.

rorybellows

yep exactly like that around here. comin down from vancouver.... ehh.

i dont know whats worse, being behind them, or the chicken truck.

Last edited:

CobraCDR

I'm still not sure how was can address the origional topic in this thread to compare the U.S. to some yet to be identified Russian truck. Look at the A2 vs. A3 debates we have here already... those go on forever.

We worked with the Russians in Bosnia as part of IFOR / SFOR back in the late 90's and I was not impressed with their equipment (any of it). It spent more time broken down or not working properly than it did running.