• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce W/W saves the day (pics)

MDSA

What a day! Grizzly was coming over to buy some tires. I heard what I thought was Grizzly’s truck but it was Kenneth to pick up a M200 gen trailer. The trailer was DOWN behind the house – and was it ever muddy. Kenneth’s Dodge was slip-sliding down the trail through the woods. I thought he was not going to be able to stop and end up in the creek but he saved it. Hooking up to the trailer was easy, but there was no way he could make it back up without help from the Deuce.

We winched him up about 100’ but the Deuce was lined up cockeyed and his Dodge was going sideways almost into a tree. So we had to unhook, back the Deuce up, realign the Deuce and re hook. Then he came out no problem. Lot of fun using the toys.

Then Grizzly and his wife showed up after all the fun. We loaded up 7 900X20 NDT’s into his GMC 2500, but hands were too muddy to handle a camera. Good time meeting Grizzly (John) and his wife for the first time.

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if used properly your winch could be your best friend.. it would pay everyone to get familar with their equipment and have a handy buddy that needs to know just as much as you.. then together your enjoy your winching experiences.. :beer:

Ironhorse

Had to use my winch last week. Needed to get to a barn about 1/4 mile from the house through serious snow. Almost made it when I found a hole just off the road with the left front wheel. I was far from the house but close to tree. Hooray for winches!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks