• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce w/winch for sale

chicklin

Hey guys, I'm waiting on my classified ad to be approved, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I have 1971 General Products M35A2 w/winch for sale in the Kansas City, MO area. I will update this post with the classified ad link when it gets approved. Here is the craigslist listing: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/885266085.html

This is an awesome truck, clean, runs and stops great. The only thing I know that it needs is a winch seal, but the winch works fine. I'm only selling it b/c it's big (I live on a cul-de-sac in town) and I'm moving on to another project (CUCV). I have the OD sickness and I basically wanted to play with and work on a deuce and it's been a ton of fun, but it's time to move on. Comes with lots of extras, someone will get a great truck.

PM if interested.

chicklin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce w/winch for sale

FMJ said:
Didn't you just go through h e ll getting this thing delivered?
Haha...yep. What can I say, I have adult ADD :)

Honestly, the thing started to crack my driveway and a CUCV is going to suit my needs a little better anyway. Mostly, I just wanted to play with a deuce, and for that, it was well worth it. If I don't sell it, that's no big deal either.

chicklin

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce w/winch for sale

Okay, I've come to my senses, I'm going to keep the deuce and sell the M1009. Yes, I realize this is a little schizophrenic, but I jumped the gun on the CUCV and I really need to focus on finishing my basement, not on buying and selling green junk (so says the wife). This OD sickness really got a hold of me, but I think I will just hang on to the deuce and make it as nice as I can.

So, anyone want to buy an M1009 cheap? The classified ad should be up shortly.

wsucougarx

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce w/winch for sale

Ah, hold onto both. You'll reget it if you sell!! Besides, if your wife gets the bug, you'll have one for her. Not kidding, my wife was pretty fired up when I brought my deuce home. 4 weeks later I jokingly said I was going to get her a deuce for her birthday. She told me that it had better not have any rust on it and it has to look good. I dared not saying yah right b/c there was a part of me hoping she was serious. I showed her a couple deuces online and she said she wouldn't mind a couple. I'm still in disbelief, but I had better jump on this one right away and get her one:) True story, no kidding. I'm not complaining.

chicklin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce w/winch for sale

wsucougarx said:
Ah, hold onto both. You'll reget it if you sell!! Besides, if your wife gets the bug, you'll have one for her. Not kidding, my wife was pretty fired up when I brought my deuce home. 4 weeks later I jokingly said I was going to get her a deuce for her birthday. She told me that it had better not have any rust on it and it has to look good. I dared not saying yah right b/c there was a part of me hoping she was serious. I showed her a couple deuces online and she said she wouldn't mind a couple. I'm still in disbelief, but I had better jump on this one right away and get her one:) True story, no kidding. I'm not complaining.
Man, I wish I could, but I just can't justify having two around, one of which needs a lot of work. Between the two, the deuce is much "cooler" and really doesn't need any work. The M1009 might be more practical, but it needs some love and it's really just a green Blazer when you get down to it.

With a 13 month-old, a two month-old and a basement that needs finishing, it's time I put the truck hobby to the side for a while.

mbwarner

In your situation, I'd definitely keep the deuce. With two young children, you can use the truck to haull the used pampers to the landfill, and stop by home depot on the way back to pick up construction materials for the basement. When you tell the neighbors on the culdesac that you'll "dispose" of their crankcase drainings for free, and they won't have to pay a disposal fee, you'll be their hero--at least until they find out you're driving your deuce for free... :lol: :lol:

Alex400

ok, you just contradicted yourself. hahahaha

"Man, I wish I could, but I just can't justify having two around, one of which needs a lot of work. Between the two, the deuce is much "cooler" and really doesn't need any work. The M1009 might be more practical, but it needs some love......"

The deuce is cooler and doesn't need work. ok. But you want the M1009 that needs work.

"With a 13 month-old, a two month-old and a basement that needs finishing, it's time I put the truck hobby to the side for a while."

You want to put the truck hobby on hold because of the kids and the basement, so you are keeping the truck that needs work? I not seeing your logic. lol

chicklin

Alex400 said:

"Man, I wish I could, but I just can't justify having two around, one of which needs a lot of work. Between the two, the deuce is much "cooler" and really doesn't need any work. The M1009 might be more practical, but it needs some love......"

The deuce is cooler and doesn't need work. ok. But you want the M1009 that needs work.

"With a 13 month-old, a two month-old and a basement that needs finishing, it's time I put the truck hobby to the side for a while."

You want to put the truck hobby on hold because of the kids and the basement, so you are keeping the truck that needs work? I not seeing your logic. lol
No, I'm keeping the deuce, the one that doesn't need work.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First of all, do what you can to keep both, you'll probably regret it down the road if you get rid of one.

Second...you have a 13 month old AND a 2 month old??!! :shock: Man you don't waste any time!

chicklin

tie6044 said:
First of all, do what you can to keep both, you'll probably regret it down the road if you get rid of one.

Second...you have a 13 month old AND a 2 month old??!! :shock: Man you don't waste any time!
Yeah, we thought we'd try and get the hard part out of the way all at once.

I haven't slept in 3 weeks.....

chicklin

TommyG45 said:
This erratic behavior is simply caused by sleep depravation. My recommendation is you should immediately start collecting guns. rofl
Already there....she put a stop to that, too :)

In the last year, I've bought a 12 ga Browning Citori, an M1 Garand, a .45 LC 1895 Marlin and a pair of .45 LC Colt SAA's with consecutive serial numbers. I have a fetish for guns, guitars and trucks. Why can't I have cheaper hobbies?

TommyG45

Oh yeah, well I have a 2001 VW Jetta with 170K miles on it that my wife lets me drive :driver:

at least it's a diesel lol

What ever you do, don't let your wife get the kids started in competitive ice skating.... If she does, let me know, I will take the Deuce off your hands :D

Alex400

chicklin said:
Alex400 said:

No, I'm keeping the deuce, the one that doesn't need work.
whoops. sorry . GOOD CHOICE DUDE!!!!!! :grd: