• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce was dead on side of the road.

andy3

Butch brings up a good point. I'm not sure what power is available where we will be. I have a light tower with 3 lights that can light up a 3 to 5 acres. It has a 6KW gen head on it. It's not too loud and could be stationed a touch away or I can add a second muffler to quite it down.
When Ron & I spoke yesterday we discussed how this would start sometime Friday and besides the wrench turners there will probably be someone talking through the process. I have a portable/wearable PA I will pack for that.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can "see" it now, Wreckerman out there yelling, "they are removing the passenger side engine mount bolt now".

;-)

You will want an engine sling.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Know you know but don't forget a good size tarp to place under the truck. Seems like everytime I do something in the dirt I'm spending 15mins. looking for that one nut I droped.

bchauvette

Know you know but don't forget a good size tarp to place under the truck. Seems like everytime I do something in the dirt I'm spending 15mins. looking for that one nut I droped.
You are lucky when I drop something it evaporates before hitting the ground, never to be found:mad:.

Andy3 thank you for breaking your acorn hauler causing this awesome event. Could break your truck every year?

andy3

Butch, while I appreciate the way God's plan is unfolding lets leave my truck out of it in the future. With the rally's growth and permission I can see this evolving into other mods/resto/crazy builds in the future.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do believe we could find a new victim next year.
Speaking of next year this would not be a bad thing to pick someone with a problem and use it as teaching program.
And with the collective funding it. It would not be that bad on any single person and would be a great way to pay it forward.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a wheeled magnetic sweeper? HFT sells them for $40 ($32 if you have a 20% off coupon). This thing comes in really handy for the screws/nuts/bolts/washers/wrenches/screwdriver bits that can't be seen in the dirt or on a tarp filled with debris from the grenaded engine.

Attachments

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably. I'm sure someone will have a pry bar or an axe that we can use to rip it off of his head. :wink:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wait......blue gloves?
So, when I worked for a professional repair shop, one of the good habits I picked up from working around professional technicians was latex/nitrile gloves.

No matter how much you scrub your hands, you can't get them clean after a few days of heavy mechanical work.

My "real" job is a warehouse efficiency consultant, so I occasionally deal with people higher up the food chain and I'd like to present as professional appearance as possible (I even comb my hair on those days! rofl)

Also, a lot of carcinogens in petroleum products. Cancer is bad, mmmmmkay.

Someone has pics I'm sure!
Yupp. Always have gloves!

img_1432_648.jpgimg_4296_192.jpg