• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce was dead on side of the road.

andy3

It's been several days and I wanted to give some updates.

We only have requests for Yuengling Light and Bud. Now the important stuff is out of the way we can talk about my truck. I sure miss it, I need to go by Ron's so I can lean on the fender.

I wanted to again thank Wreckerman893 for the offer of the motor. Reckless came through with a deal on a runner only missing a turbo that I could not pass up. I can take the C turbo off mine and make sure it is flushed out and be good to go. Ron stopped by pigfoot63's place and picked up a bunch of transmission parts. We have new clutch, bearings and seals. Leroy is a real nice guy and made me a good deal on the parts.

I am still in need of a NOS or good pressure plate at a good price.

I think we are 50 some odd days out. My four acors are all back in school, band, orchestra, Scouts, football and soccer. I am looking forward to the break at the rally.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, This way the S OP Sgt. can get things organized, not have a wrecker in the way till it is needed. Special OPs and load out are TWO different things, behind the red barn for the S OP is about the only place that is flat and out of the way, load/load out on the other hand would work best at the end of the berm, that is up where the trailers are parked and maybe the GREAT CARNAC is set up (he needs shade, is allergic to the sun)

I am sure that once the rally starts things will fall in place as it always do, I will bring THREE safety vests, think vests would be better then hats, who knows what is crawling around in that sweaty hair.

Rally planning has said that there will be no wrecker ops in the main field, only in the area behind the barn.

Andy3, It sounds like the plan is coming together. Good. :)

Rmtaunton

SW, I'll be there Wednesday, and with your info and others we can a find a pefect spot and preps , I'll bring flooring ,buckets and all the tools, and with all the others this will be a record time engine swap. I mow I am one of the new guys, but with all this talent I think we can make this a safe and perfect swap that will go in the books.

Robert

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have every confidence that all the special operations going on will be in good hands. Thank you.

(You have CUCV bed swap gyration too for Speddmon.) ;-)

Rmtaunton

Hmmm for that all we need is some saw horses , pb blaster , straps and glasses, adding to the list. Oh and a little tape to hold the nuts on a wrench for the front to bolts when the new one goes on, as I remember they are a little out of reach , can't wait

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AGREED, but obligations can prevent some from making that distance give time restraints. A question to many members who travel long distances to a rally like this, do most drive their MV to the rally or fly in and just attend the rally?
Just being there is important. How you manage that is up to you. I've driven an MV every year from S Fla but if I couldn't, I would get there by whatever means available.

Last edited:

andy3

While we are working on the tranny I have a question. The transmission goes into gear fine(2nd can be fussy but that is normal on all the trucks I've driven) but the shifter is very sloppy, lots of play. What else should I get to make sure I have the right thing to fix this?

andy3

Carrie Anne needs to get Tracy to driver her truck so she will want one. I would not be threatened if my bride had bigger truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's a "mini convoy"? Is that like a "mini van"? Hehehehe...