• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Will not start, assistance needed.

spartan_185

Hello again everyone, I have a small problem. I went outside this morning and started my M35a2 up and moved it a few feet to clear my shop door. It started right up and ran perfectly. I moved it and shut it down just like normal. Later on, I get in it to move it back to where it was and it will not start. It seemed that it was getting no fuel. I removed the line from the back of the injector pump and turned on the electric in tank pump and was met with a steady stream of fuel at the injector pump. So the next thing I check is the engine stop cable and assembly. I checked the external cable and rod, then moved to the internal parts, which seem to move freely and without problems. I then pulled one of the injector lines away from the injector and cranked the engine. There was no fuel flow to be seen. Now I am at a dead end.I have searched on the forum for similar situations that someone may have had to no avail. I am beginning to think it may be a bad injection pump, but I dont have a whole lot of experience with multifuels, mainly just with larger Cummins engines. Is there a valve or stop plate that is internal that may be stuck? Any help is appreciated.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
HH plunger stuck in the up position. Quill shaft sheared off. HH plunger worn out (yes it can go from running to not just like that). Show it a can of starting fluid and see if it stays running or not, that will say a lot.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you can use a wood dowel to see if it is moving, but freeing it will require knowing the HH more intimately. remove the shutoff cover and line up the red tooth with the pointer. that is the low position of the cam.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
you can use a wood dowel to see if it is moving, but freeing it will require knowing the HH more intimately. remove the shutoff cover and line up the red tooth with the pointer. that is the low position of the cam.
good info there tom, i didnt know that one!

Blendmaster2002

Spartan, Toms right it could be any of the problems he pointed out, my 2cents guess (had two trucks this way same symptoms, plus one of my dad’s trucks did exactly the same thing as yours recently started then nothing would not start, thought it was fuel shutoff related nope.), what it was in those cases the HH plunger button and clip had fell off. If this is your problem further cranking will damage the clip and button. To access the button and clip you must remove the HH and you are supposed to replace the HH gasket O-rings when you do this I haven’t had them leak by reusing them though but they looked like new and were not deformed your mileage may vary. While you have it out you could manually operate the HH plunger see if it’s free and functions normally or if its sticking etc… should lube the plunger and bore with light oil first though.

And thanks to Tom that is good info I did not know that, should make further Diagnostics easier.

Spartan you may also want to read through the thread linked below, it may help some, there is a lot of good threads about this subject on here it just takes time to search them out.

Bought a Deuce but engine will not start.: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ce-but-engine-will-not-start&referrerid=19939.

Last edited: