• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce winch & power steering kit

miltruckman

I have been working on my deuce project and am looking for some components.

I was considering trying to install the 5 ton truck power steering components. Anyone done that? How much fabricating/cutting, etc is involved?

Anyone in Michigan have a spare deuce winch & associated parts lying around? I could also use a good clean cab close enough I could pick it up.

Also on my wish list is a power steering kit. I was hoping that sombody somewhere had a used aeromatic kit. As the new ones are so expensive.

Thanks.

Bill
Michigan

Last edited:

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Power steering

Hi

I'm working on one of my truck's to have power steering on it, and consider first
air power. This is not a good fore use over her on winter when we have to use snow chain, because this can damage the horses if the chains come off ore not tight. Air loss and almost no brakes.

The army had some bad experience so all air o matic have been taken off the truck's

So after reading on the SS i find this thread about the hydra power HF54.
There is also other types but the HF54 is the best to use because it can be bolted inside the frame so it's not in the way fore wheels ore the terrain.

All other components are easy to find ore make, the pump is from the 5 toner
LDS engine, and I think they can be found on the marked.

The most expensive component is the HF54 this cost some $$$£ if you just take the first you find, but we can't give up so fast.

I was looking around the prices was from 400 up to almost 900 fore one of the HF54's. I did not take this fore a final price.
After some work I find some so have them to a god price, new rebuild I paid only 125 no core charge.

The company is Metro Airport Truck MI, contact Doug Jones , phone (734) 941-1801 and mail dougjones@matruck.com

I hope to get my truck on the road before new year, and try it on the winter roads.

We have at the writing moment minus 10 C and around 15 cm snow
(low lands)

Odd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks