• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce winch rating

tm america

i think its the same as mine which is a 10000 pd winchiput a bolt in place of my shear pin it broke the cable before really even loading the winch i wouldnt recomend it or since breaking cables is scary at best be sure to open your hood if youre gonna use the winch with a bolt in place of the shear pin since it will give you one more layer of protection if the cable lets go like mine did

scooter01922

I have personally seen a shattered bronze bull gear from a deuce winch, i assure you that if you put a bolt in place of the shear pin SOMETHING much more expensive will break. Sure the winch may work fine forever but it only takes once to kill ya. Wasn't me that broke that winch and i hope i won't ever break one, just going to use the shear pin and take it easy. If you shear one all ya gotta do is replace it and try again, bust the casting or shatter the gear and you are screwed.

Wild Horse Hans

correct me if i'm wrong (which i probably am since i don't have my deuce yet and i haven't played w/ the winch in some time), but isn't the winch worm-gear driven? and as such, isn't the only bake in the winch a drag brake? a drag brake only slows the drum during free-spool so that the drum doesn't continue to unwind and "bird's nest"?

no?
There is an automatic load brake as well as the friction brake. The friction brakes keeps the spool from birds nesting and the automatic brake holds the winch when the clutch is disengaged.

I guess the tag is wrong on mine. I am going to try and look into that part number and see just what the 20,000 lb tage is from.