• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce with a camper

Nonotagain

The truck in question has been stored in the Fullerton Mini storage yard for a few months.

I had been meaning to take some photo's, but the area is not condusive to stopping and parking.

After returning from the salvage yard Friday I spotted the same truck headed West on Rt 40. It's got Vermont tags and is a winch truck. There is a ladder sitting in the back of the bed for getting into the camper.

I was rather surprised that he kept up with traffic even from the traffic lights on Rt 40.

zout

heck - any duece owner looking to make some change - start delivering campers to RV places ?? But then again you now become a commerical vehicle.

WM is spot on - needs camo - unless its his dads camper he is borrowing.

Nonotagain

looks like they had to hack the bed for the camper to fit.
No bed hacking required.

It's a standard camper slide in unit, just over 4' between wheel wells.

If it were mine, I'd get rid of the straps and install some turn buckles to secure it to the truck bed.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was sure that I'd hate it but now that I see it - I LIKE IT!

It seems easy enough to remove when not in use. I think I'm going to start looking for a camper!

Kohburn

No bed hacking required.

It's a standard camper slide in unit, just over 4' between wheel wells.

If it were mine, I'd get rid of the straps and install some turn buckles to secure it to the truck bed.
check out the lower left corner of picture 2 - you can see where the side rails of the bed were cut out to fit the camper shell.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a dropside. Wouldn't hesitate to split the drops into 2 piec units. As far as on and off, thats what a wrecker is for!

ralbelt

I used to have a slide in mounted on a '76 F250 4x4, It would scare the bejebbers out of me having to lift it to the max of the jacks and then it would rack when a rivet got it hung up.

rlwm211

My Deuce with my S280 tops out at 11-3 give or take a little. M109 is about 7 inches shorter.

I suppose if you want comfort, the camper makes sense, but hey, this is a military truck....
Comfort was an after thought....

I will bet one thing....My S280 is a heck of a lot better insulated than that Pickup camper...

Wreckerman....I totally agree it should be in 3 color camo....

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks