• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce with "digital" camo

Chevytruck

Got another message from the curious man today... He writes:
"I cannot understand how the exhaust smoke disappears. How come the army has not developed something like this?"

I replied: "I've been working on this system for about 15 years. The reason the smoke disappears is because it is "tagged" ionically by the system as it is created. The main issue I have is vibration causing it to "flicker".

I'm sure the military has a similar system....."
:funny: rofl

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another reply today:
"Lookin' good though! Have you tried it on a different vehicle that doesn't shake that much?"

My reply:
"If I can get the voltages right and not screw up the electronics on my truck, I am thinking about installing one on my Dodge. It has a lot stabler electronics package and with the newer suspension/sound dampening I shouln't have the issue! Thanks and I'll keep you updated."

AN/ARC186

Another reply today:
"Lookin' good though! Have you tried it on a different vehicle that doesn't shake that much?"

My reply:
"If I can get the voltages right and not screw up the electronics on my truck, I am thinking about installing one on my Dodge. It has a lot stabler electronics package and with the newer suspension/sound dampening I shouln't have the issue! Thanks and I'll keep you updated."
Tell him you'll be working on the phasers and photon torpedo launcher next...:wink: