• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce with no title

graham

i found a deuce that has no title the owner can not be found the guy that bought has it setting in a field he has a bill of sale. i was wondering how hard it would be to get a title ?

Attachments

greenjeepster

It is state specific... here in KY if it doesn't have a title when you get it you can't get one.

Some states like Vt and NH don't even care if the vehicle is titled or not... If it is over 15 years old they will register it with just a bill of sale.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is TN state law that you can get a TN state title with a bill of sale for any vehicle over 25 years old. With that being said, I've ran it buy my local clerks office (the people that handle tags and titles in TN) and they just look at me with a blank stare. aua

Maybe somebody will chime in from TX and tell you what the law is there.

area52

Go to the local DMV and ask what you should do. Then go or call another one, then call another DMV office.

I called at least 3 different people at the DMV and got 3 different answers about getting a title with only a bill of sale.

I used a surety bond or title bond here in NM. It costs $50 and along with the state police VIN inspection, I got a title for my deuce.

Just be warned, talk slowly and have a lot of patience with the folks at DMV.

cessnatwin

not in florida, you get a bill of sale, the vin, the engine #, and a statement saying its free of leans! Send it to the capitol and you will have it in a week since its over 30 yo

Westex

The State of Texas will not 'jump' transfer the title to the thing to you without first the seller titling the vehicle in his name. That is not a bad looking truck, by the way. If the seller has a bill of sale, he must first title in his name, which could cost a couple of bills (medium), and then he can transfer a good title to you. Perhaps write up a contract addressing your intentions. What I am saying to you is that it CAN be done in Texas. I've done it. For other people. PM me if you want.

Stouttrout

You can get a title for it. I have done it on quite a few vehicles. All you need to do is get a boned title. They range is price from $200-$400. Try:

Texas All Type Surety Bonds - Commercial Bonds, Fidelity Bonds, and Contract Bonds for Texas TX

I found them on a quick internet search. Most of the time the clerks in the DMV do not know the answers to the questions you ask them. Also, if you dont get it, pass it on to a another SE Texan :D Particularly .....ME!!! Looks like a nice one.

graham

i went to the court house and they said that i have to do a bonded title but i have to get bill of sale tags inspection
insurance for bonded title and get appraised . then they have to send paper work to CA where the truck bought
and wait to get title. i called insurance for price for bonded title insurance and with tags inspection and title bond and all the
running around would cost me around 500 to 1000 think im going to have to pass on this. i can find a nother truck with title with out having out having to run around and the head aches. thanks for the help

AceHigh

Most of the time the clerks in the DMV do not know the answers to the questions you ask them.
Totally true. I titled two M35A2's in the same office, every detail identical, year, weight and so on. The first one I licensed as an antique but the second clerk told me the second truck did not qualify for antique plates.

Stouttrout

You can do antique plates and skip the inspection process. It will not need to be inspected nor will have tags to buy every year. I also think it will not need an appraisal because of it's age. If it does the insurance company can appraise it and should be able to do it for next to nothing. I had my adjuster do a truck for me awhile back and he charged me lunch. I know an adjuster.

XM 2742

If it was a calafornia title issue file for a lost title with california and the last owner can sign the title over to you. take a california title to DMV and register it in Tx.