• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce won't idle.

JohnnyReb

Hey Guys: We discussed this problem once before, but still:
Deuce will not idle under 1200 rpms. I have to set the throttle at least that high to keep it running. Per your suggestions: New fuel filters(others where almost new, but changed out just in case) and ran some injector cleaner thru it...
Still have problem. Any ideas??
Thanks, JR...

1ton

Before you go any further have you thoroughly inspected the fuel lines? Diesel engines hate air in their fuel so make sure there aren't any slow leaks where fuel and air are exchanging. I just changed a fuel line on a JD tractor between the final filter and the injector pump had a little leak and wouldn't idle right just like or talking about.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That brings up another point. The fuel line leading from the primary on the right frame crosses under the engine crossmember. I've seen many many of those crushed. Better have a looksee!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all else fails, check the timing.
The images below should help in confirming the timing of your IP/engine. Hope the resolution is good enough.

BTW, there is, of course, no "throttle" on a diesel, at idle there is a lot more air available then needed.

Attachments

DrFoster

cranetruck said:
BTW, there is, of course, no "throttle" on a diesel, at idle there is a lot more air available then needed.

I know that... I just meant to ask if the engine is laggy all around. more so than it usually is. By "air" I was agreeing with the holes in lines thought.

How's this: STEP ON IT POP AND SEE IF THE ENGINE RUNS LIKE IT USED TO! YEEEEE HAW!!!!

Attachments

JohnnyReb

Thanks so much guys! I will check the fuel lines, connections, etc. for leaks..
She runs up great and seems to have plenty of power.
I will let you know what I discover....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks