• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce won't start, but at least it died in my back yard

rideni

My former airforce M109a2 has decided to die. Thankfully it did so in my back yard. The last time I drove it was for the Aberdeen rally back in the middle of may I started it less then a half a dozen times after that. The last time it did start I had to free up the fuel cut by opening the cover and fiddling with it. Since then I tried to start it again and work on it by following the TM with no luck. I removed the fuel cut completly and cleaned and lubed it to no avail(I may have messed up its posistion). I thought I may have had a frozen plunger in the hydraluic head, so today, I charged up the batteries and removed the 3/4 inch top bolt on the HH and stuck a small drift pin in the hole and had soldier B push the start button. Fuel freely came through this hole and I could feel the drift pin move up an down with the plunger. Fuel will flow freely through this whole whether or not I have a the fuel cut engaged. When i put the bolt back in and had soldier B crank, nothing came out of the injector line, which I had removed at the injectors. I believe I screwed something up when I had a few weeks ago pulled the fuel cut out. Any ways I'm lost and starting to eye up my cutting torch lovingly.

DieselBob

Sorry to hear about the no start. I'm not much help when it comes to the I/P, haven't had to tear into mine yet. Hope you get it fixed without to much headache. I need to run mine this weekend, haven't started it in over a month.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That fuel shut off lever that you pulled to clean up is probably in wrong. First off, did you remove the screws and slide it out to work on it? If so thats probably where the issue is. Did you notice the little "T" in the front of that lever? It goes in a small hole on that lever. When you slide the assembly in to the hydraulic head, the "T" needs to sit in a groove in the "fuel block" inside the head. When that lever moves forward and back(toward the radiator or firewall) the "T" moves the block up and down. If you missed the groove in the block, I'd say thats your issue.

rideni

That's what I thought I may have done. So I believe I have disconnected fuel to the hydraulic head. I may have totally fubared the fuel cut setup. If I am not mistaken, If I replace the entire hydraulic head it would solve this problem? If so I think Atankersdad has a spare used head that I could buy, replace this, take the current head off and rebuild it off the truck, complete with new vitron seals. I am hoping to repair this by the end of this weekend and get my truck running again.

I had removed the fuel cut completely from the truck and must have misaligned it, and in trying to align it, totally screw up the positioning that it suppose to have(dumb mistake).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks