• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Won't Stop

frigar78

well as it say my m35a2 wouldn't stop if i pump the breaks alod it will build a little pressure but not enough to stop it quickly or lock them up...... iv bled all the breaks there's oil at them ....idk what to do im new to these an i want to take it on a trip in a couple weeks please guide me knowledgeable ones

Last edited by a moderator:

welldigger

Sounds lime your airpak is bad. When I bought my truck the pedal had good pressure but the brakes were very weak. Turns out my airpak was rusted solid. And what do you mean by there's oil at your brakes? Was there oil in the brake fluid or was there oil running out of the brake drums? Also pull the boot back on your master cylinder and see if brake fluid is in there. If it is then your mc needs to be rebuilt/replaced.

ProPower

This should help more than anybody! GO to TMs for the deuce.- Then go to TM-2320-209-20-2-2. PT 2 of 2. chapter 45 BRAKE SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING pg 45-1 . GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

DeucesWild11

I know how oil can get it there possibly. If you are getting oil in your air lines from the air pump then you have a leak in your air pack the oily air could be mixing with the brake fluid. Sounds like there is a leak somewhere do you see one. if not check the slobber tube off the engine, the air lines dump into that so if there is any internal leak it could be coming out there.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
well the bottom line is: read the manual, fix the problem, don't drive it until it is completely fixed and the entire system has been throughly inspected.

Jesse6325

As m-35 said, Please for saftys sake get it fixed and don't move until it is safe to roll, You do NOT want to find out what it takes to stop 6 tons of rolling iron the hard way.

Heath_h49008

By "oil" I think he means brake fluid.

Sound like his shoes are out of adjustment or the airpack is bad. You have to "pump it up" to get a pedal, and then it's weak at best?

Start with the basics. You have no choice but to pull the covers and read the manuals to complete the upper and lower shoe adjustments, then check the system itself for function. I know it sounds like we're being mean, but you need to follow the TM line by line and track the problem down. Start with the shoe adjustment (all 6 drums) and then bleed the system. That lets you START troubleshooting any problem.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like everyone said, read the manuals. It is a single circuit braking system that is almost as simple as a braking system can be but if you don't read the manual you will do things wrong (bleeding) and never have reliable and dependable brakes. Also, learn how to use the search on the site, it does help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks