• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Wrecker for Sale

gunner01

great point of view mac... I agree people should have some balls and not go behind someone elses back to aquire items they are informed of. gunner salutes you

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I dont remeber you saying you were buying any, i know you told me about them , he only had two , a med and a heavy- want one? I do things to make them right, let me know in a PM

also the truck is yours , since i heard it was sold ive been talking to another guy to have one brought up from NM soon , Jay

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great save! hope it works out to be a good truck.

I now work in a steel mill now here in SC, and we melt down scrap to make 'fresh' rebar, angle, and channel.

We are having a hard time FITTING all the scrap coming through the gates. Piles as high as 4 story buildings. Most all chopped up and useless, but I still swing through the cutting yard and 'save' things. Haven't seen any military trucks yet, but I've scored major rail car parts for pennies. [thumbzup]

Ready for the kicker? Because the value of the dollar is dropping, other countries are buying OUR steel. If we just made the billets, and didn't roll them into shape, we could cut them up and sell them for $657 a ton overseas. We are making steel for orders made last June.

But it is still sad, I've seen some parts in the piles you can tell came from some old and interesting pieces. I swear I saw parts of the boiler, winches and gearing of an old steam crane or drag line.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack. Hope the truck turns out great, keep us updated!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I was over at the scrap yard this afternoon, and the guy said, can you wait until May 1 and come back? I asked him why, and he said it was going up $50 a ton on May 1st at that yard. :shock:

NB1944

I'm glad you saved the truck... Let us know if you closed escrow on this! I see has other stuff in his salvage yard. What's the scoop on other items? Will he sell that too, or is he planning to scrap it also? Can you provide a list?

Towman2277

JohnnyReb said:
Don't mean to hijack the thread...but MV's are not the only things going to the scrap yard. Big metal dealer down in Mobile AL says that with China's increasing demand for metal, won't be a junkyard left in 10 years.....
Im down in Mobile, and the scrap price is pretty high ($10 per hundred pounds), and thats made it to where people will take a car out ya' backyard and scrap it!!!! I know a junked out ole' bus will bring $1400!!! :lol:

Craig C

Talled to Owner Yesterday....Sat

Marty said no one has emailed him regarding this deuce wrecker...or at least he hasn't gotten any emails he knows of......his other half may have but who knows.....so he said to give out his cell number.......now remember with it, he is out in the sticks with very bad service, I know cuz even mine doesn't work there.

So here we go. Marty, 805-440-5153 cel. 805-226-8604 hm.........

He is still interested in selling the deuce wrecker and the 5 ton Wrecker.