• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuceophiles near Annapolis, MD

mikey

Hi, I'm planning a trip this Sunday to Annapolis to check out some a2's on decodeme's lot. I'm a deuce newb and this would be my first mv. I was hoping someone in the area could help me kick some tires and guide me towards a decent deuce. Please PM me if anyone can help out.

Also, if you don't live in the area, but along the route 08882 to 21401 and would be willing to help that would be great. I can pick you up and drop you off en route.

I'd be happy to buy dinner or compensate you for your time.

Thanks!

Mikey

mikey

I've never been to Annapolis and I've lived in MD for 20 years. That being said, I don't know a ton about deuces even though I have two.
Just spoke with Kevin and technically it's Lowthain, MD 20711. If you have some time and know enough to spot potential problems, I'd be interested in your help.

hi if you go could you tell how they look and run.i live in salisbury n.c. loking to buy one from him. if you could just look and tell me how they look
I'll take notes, but if I go alone those notes might be limited to "cool colors". Of course each truck would have identical notes.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
David, If you wanted to get a truck from Kevin id do it. I got my M35A3 from him and Kevins a great guy that I would buy from again. Plus I can go with you to pick it up , Jay

1redgmc

hi if you go could you tell how they look and run.i live in salisbury n.c. loking to buy one from him. if you could just look and tell me how they look
I bought my (A2) from Kevin. He is a straight shooter, no BS. Great guy. Ask him to show you his 5 ton beast and UH-1.

He gave me EXCELLENT service and helped me prep for the journey back to WV.

I can't say the same pleasant things about INTERNATIONAL TITLE SERVICE - WHO SUKK!!! I have been waiting OVER FOUR MONTHS and STILL NO TITLE.

Which reminds me, I need to call Kevin tomorrow...

Regardless, you will NOT be disappointed.

When I went to look for one, he had like (20) of them out on the field back behind his house. He showed me different features / options (winch, heater, hard top, etc...) and it came down to two choices for me. The one I was leaning towards had weak batteries - so Kevin brought around a deuce with slave cable.

He plugged in and it fired IMMEDIATELY and without hesitation I said SOLD!

I drove it home (120 miles - didn't even have to buy fuel because it had 3/4 tank) and have been happy ever since (except for those a$$holes at INTERNATIONAL TITLE SERVICE WHO GIVE CRAPPY SERVICE!)

Oh, did I mention how unhappy I am with ITS?

Anyway... don't be afraid to ask him questions. Pull the dip stick, check the anti-freeze and belts. Look at the tires, check behind the wheels for any brake fluid slung out (indication of a possible leaking wheel cylinder)...

Make sure all the lights function, check the condition of the batteries and cables. Is there a spare? Take a suitable bottle jack and LARGE socket set / lug wrench in the UNLIKELY chance you have a flat on the way home.

I took along some basic hand tools and a few things I thought I might need for the return trip... but had ZERO problems.

I can't say enough good things about this seller.

Good luck and post your experience with pictures!

wb1895

If you live in Salisbury, just get up with me any time you want. I live just North of you in Lexington. I would be glad to show you my deuce and answer any questions you might have. I am still pretty new to the deuce but I know enough to get in trouble.rofl

Shoot me a PM if you want to set up a time to meet.

mikey

Hey Mikey did you guys make it down to MD ?
I didn't have any offers, so I went down alone. I don't even know how to start a deuce so I can't begin to give you an idea of how they are mechanically. I did not check under any hoods.

Kevin was great. Very nice guy and like others have said, not your typical salesman. No BS, no pressure, I felt like he was helping me, not trying to make sure I left with a deuce.

There were seven deuces with winch. I would only consider two myself. That is based only on body, interior and obvious flaws. Mechanically, I would have to take his word that they run well. Neither of the two I considered had me feeling like I must have them.

No trucks have title.

Wish I could tell you more, but as a deuce newb, I just don't know the trucks.

mikey

I was there to near 2 and had to leave. I didnt see any NJ plates on the trucks that were there.
Wow, we were there together. I was there from 1-3pm. Black f150 with nj tags. I was parked next to a yellow pickup, dodge ram i think.

I saw Kevin, a guy buying an a3 and one other guy who was talking to kevin for a while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks