• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuces in strange color scchemes

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without trying to start a thread of pics showing the weird color schemes, or camo patterns, that civvys have given deuces after they leave the military service, thought I would start an interesting thread.

Does anyone have uncommon color patterns or camo schemes that were given to the deuce while it was in service?

I have seen 24087 semi gloss, 4-color MERDC, 3-color NATO, USMC field drab, 383 CARC, Air Force Blue Strata, fire engine red (fire deuces), desert sand color, 3-color desert, and UN white.

Reason I bring this up is curiousity - saw someone post a pic of a USN orange M38A1 recently, wondered if the deuce was ever painted something similar....

DanMartin

Never seen a deuce, but I've seen lots of Jeeps and a few other trucks painted US Navy grey. I would imagine a deuce or two had to be grey in the 50+ years they were in service. Every Navy deuce I've ever seen has been painted some sort of OD green or three-color forest pattern though...

desertfox

I have 2 that were painted white at one time? Any one know the history regarding the wihite? One was brush painted camo over the white. YUK. My best running truck but the ugliest.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This might be a topic that can best be expanded on by David Doyle. I'd love to see any color pictures he might have saved up....

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also have a white duece. It was originally an M109, but the Army removed the box, and installed a generator in it's place. There are numerous dueces and other vehicles painted solid white at White Sands Missile Range, even though the range only encompasses a relatively small portion of the white sand area.

Jimbo

nattieleather

I saw a picture of a crash/fire duce painted florecent green/ florecent yellow ( you know that safety color that many big city fire departments went with in the 70s). It was on a flight line someplace. Looks to be in the 70s too.

Gastrap

I've got a spare door that's a factory semi gloss dark brown. It is stenciled " U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR. MANPOWER DIVISION" I remember seeing forestry trucks this color as a kid.