• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

???deuces that have been sittin for some time???

Streetgliderx

i found a guy here local who has a few deuces but they all just sittin and have been sittin for as long as i can remeber seein them there. i used to drive by alot as a kid but i never realized what he had out there. what do i need to look for when buying a deuce that has sit for some time... i questioned his wife at the local package store and she said she believed all ran just needed batteries.. his place has changed alot but i would venture to say these trucks have some serious sittin time.

thanks again guys

DanMartin

David Doyle wrote a great article called "Ran when parked" for Military Vehicles Magazine in the Feb 2008 edition. See if you can get a copy of that magazine either from a someone on this site, or order it from them directly (it's a good magazine...you should subscribe anyways). Goes over a lot of stuff that you should look at doing when reviving a field sitter.

FreightTrain

Banned
Have someone standing beside the intake with a smooth board cause there is a VERY good chance the governor is stuck WOT.Make sure you pull the can and filter and only have the aluminum top exposed and your cohort holding the board about 6" below it.Check the rubbers on the rear links.Oil levels in the gear boxes and engine,All the brake lines and fluid level,the rear of the tires for leaking wheel cylinders,fuel lines,etc.Basically,if it is plastic,or rubber check it and more than likely replace it.

poppop

RE: Shut down

It should if the clutch holds, but be sure its in high gear and high range, and would be better if the brakes worked just in case.

Alredneck

Banned

Man am I crazy or nopics lets see these old soldiers, is he tryn to get rid of a few or do you know the owner? Maybe worth saving a couple then again maybe worth just parts. Pics Help!

FreightTrain

Banned

No,Dumping the clutch at 3000RPM won't stall the engine.Just burn the clutch off the flywheel.We tried that and all it did was slow the motor down about 200 rpm and caused the truck to start across the field with the slave cable still attached.

emr

Also make sure your best buddy is standing right next to the exhaust stack also,about 2 to 3 ft away should be just right... :twisted: for that very first start up and hit the fuel good and hard too...Randy

Streetgliderx

you know i was thinkin blue wrench too!!!! and steve i found anice one but its in florida and i cant come by to see it!...aint plannin no trips north are ya???LOL... didn't make it out today fella said he had alot goin on for holiday and i understood that plus we got tons of rain in a pop up storm so it would have been kinda nasty to go look.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Randy, that was a cruel thing you put him upto with the buddy standing by the stack. LOL. Where is the truck you are considering in FL. Some of us southerners might be able to put an eyeball on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks