• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuces with Cummins?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was talking to my uncle, he was in a army maintence company in the early 80's, over in Germany. Said they ran out of engines for the deuces. Had a large pile of 5-ton motors and was told to "make them fit" in the deuces. Way he was talking, sounded like they used the cummings? Might have been the LDS motors, but they are a bolt in, and these required some work. Need to pick his brain some more...
Be pretty cool to buy a deuce and find a cummings under the hood....
Dennis

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in Cummins engines, Gov Liquidation has 23 "CUMMINS NHC-250 DIESEL ENGINE"(s), (in the can), listed in the upcoming Barstow, Ca auction. that starts May 17th, 2005.

Each is a seperate listing so you can bid on one, not all 23.............unless ya really want all of them.

jasonjc

does any one know how hard it would be to put a cummings 250 into a m-35. I've seen a 250 military cummins not far away and was thinking about geting it for my M-35.
jason

jasonjc

M1075 I just fixed the pervis message. sorry. i reread it and didn't understand it either.

Do you know of any truck bone yard there in OK.

I herd of one around OKC but can find anything about it.

Thank you
Jason

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I dont think it would fit under the hood. I think the 5 ton hoods are taller and longer. The cummins is 855 cubic inches unlike our 478 cubic inches. I could be wrong, but have also been wondering. Im only about an hour and a half away from there. I still have to pick up my M105 trailer bed from there. I will post if I head out there before the auction incase somebody wants me to check on anything for them.

Red Neck

And if you overcame those obsticales, the Cummins only turns 2100 rpm, so your top speed would be cut back. But it would be quite a truck, the engines are very common and easy to find, and then you could get a Jake brake.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks