• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deucey Bobbie is DONE!!! Pics!

100dollarman

Thanks guys---- I put alot work into this project this week!!!

I have it painted, and WOW! Looks like a different truck! I am working on pics- will have some up in a few...

I was going to flip the hubs today, but the big tires will contact the bed. The bottom of the m105 trailer bed comes out from the frame over 10" on each side, and its not quite above the tire. I will flip the hubs when I use a Deuce bed.

Stay tuned for pics!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
You dont mess around! Looks great! It took me weeks to get my bob job done in between working overtime and chasing kids around. Do you just use the regular size tubes and flaps that a 14-20 uses?

100dollarman

dm- thanks for the good info on hubs-

BTW- NAPA has the left and right nuts in stock- they were cheap, too-$1.76 ea.

This one took us a couple of weeks in between real work. I think we could do one in 3-4 days now that I have a better idea of how to do it. The hardest part for me was getting the rivets out. I hope the next one will come apart easier!

I think a wider rim would be better but.... I think these stock rims will do. I have a tough tire guy--- putting 14.00s on a stock is not a job for the weak! But they drive pretty good @ 50 psi. We had them at 100psi at first- way too hard. I actually used 22" tubes because thats what we had---with stock flaps.

Dj- can you post a link to your Bobbed so I can check it out? (if you have some pics?)

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here is the link that I hijacked/piggy backed off of instead of starting a new thread. http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20591&highlight= I have been waiting on some wider rims that I found locally to mount my 12.5 R 20 XL's on and am keeping my fingers crossed I can pick them up this weekend, the middleman in this deal has to pick them up from his connection and has been having delays. I dont have any finished product pictures of the truck since cutting down the troop seat and installing them but will take some after I get my rims and tires on.

100dollarman

Djfreema said:
Here is the link that I hijacked/piggy backed off of instead of starting a new thread. http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20591&highlight= I have been waiting on some wider rims that I found locally to mount my 12.5 R 20 XL's on and am keeping my fingers crossed I can pick them up this weekend, the middleman in this deal has to pick them up from his connection and has been having delays. I dont have any finished product pictures of the truck since cutting down the troop seat and installing them but will take some after I get my rims and tires on.
Thx- I'll go check it out. Is your wheel connection a one time deal, or will there be some available? You can pm me on that one if you want- I could use some. I think the 12.5 would be a perfect fit on a stock wheel, though. I have a set of new 12.50s waiting patiently to go on a bobbed D. But I need a wider wheel for the 16-20s that I want to use on one. I asked my tire installer if he thought he could get them on a stock rim- and he gave me a dirty look! I will have to widen some stockers, or get some wider wheels somewhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks