• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deunce Winshields

rmgill

So I bought a pair of the Korean made windshields at the GaMVPA rally from Kevin Emdee/Star Electric Ordnance. I installed one the other day at the event and got the other installed today. I tweaked the first one to get it done right and once adjusted, they seal MUCH better than the standard US made Windshields. The rubber seals around the edges are continuous in a 'U' shape and the tops have a set of rubber foam seals at the corners to aid sealing of the upper hinge strip.

When closing them you DO have to check to see if the windshield is centered but you can easily do this when closing the window.

rmgill

Oh, one problem. Does anyone have a spare windshield wiper arm brass nut? I managed to drop one of the ones I had and it bounced off the fender into the grass and naturally cannot find it. :roll:

jimm1009

pic as requested

Well o.k., but only because you asked.

:twisted: :-D

Hope this was the correct pic since I had none of the seal itself.

:twisted:

jimm1009

Seriously though, my windshields were both burned by welding on the cowl area by Uncle Sam and they were not protected so if part numbers and vendors come available it would be nice.

I'll gently blast and repaint mine just for G.P.

Attachments

Last edited:

jimm1009

They look plenty "installed" to me! :twisted: Ur, I mean yes can we see the glass installed? :roll:

I would like to replace my glass too since both of them have imbedded steel and that is a little rought on wiper blades.

jimm1009

Jimma

My passenger side windshield has the rubber trim / gaskets but has about a 1/4th inch space open at the bottom letting in a lot of rain. How can you adjust them?

The Gimlis

After we got caught in a rain storm and got drenched, the Mr. decided to get rid of the stock windshields. Our local glass shop - who like the rest of us doesn't have a lot going on - jumped at the chance to make us a one-piece. It increases your visibility and you have no worries about leaking - if your glass guy is good, that is. Cost us around $250 installed.

It's a cool idea for those of you looking to customize. While you are at it, change to electric windshield wipers!

---- (Those are very interesting pictures of "windshields", too. A different definition of "visibility"...)

Here's our windshield.

Love you guys!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks