• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Devens Mass Pickup

jeepin

Hi, I am picking up at Devens this week. GL item description is not too helpful. Does anyone know the drill for Devens? Is there security? Is the point of contact the Mass ANG shop or is there a GL person there? Description says unit will help load, do they?

Thanks very much!!

ehinlein

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there a while ago so things might have changed. Chris Swaney was in charge of the region 602 284 8868. I think he's in NH. He gave me Devens contact # 978 796 3143. Forgot who I got but he was very friendly and helpful. There is still security in the middle but most of the base is public now. Set it up first, get to the gate and they'll meet you there. The number to start with should be with the listing. Just have to make a few calls. Again, it was a while ago. Good luck.

Engine5

I have dealt with Chris Swaney, he is a good guy. As mentioned bt Ehinlein, call Chris first, have him meet you at the gate. I am only 25 mins away, if you get in a jam and need a hand give me a shout. PM me for cell number. I always willing to help out when I can.

If your towing a trailer back, beeeee carefull, MSP will pull over any trailer that looks suspicious, been there done that. If your getting a trailer take the 30 min to put a real set of lights on that work, not magnetic, dead give away. Not saying this to slam MSP, one of my good friends is MSP, they are just verrrry thorough.

jeepin

Thanks everyone I did talk to GL Chris, he won't be there but gave me 2 local contacts as Ehinlien got.
I won the worst M105 of the bunch for tires and the top. Rest of it parted and scrapped, PM me if you need 105 parts (besides tires and top)
Thanks for info on State Police, I am taking a flatbed to load it on so should be OK there.

Carl_in_NH

Did you complete your recovery yet? I won one of the nicer trailers; a little more spendy than I would like but it was only 30 miles away, so I didn't end up spending it on diesel fuel.

The only damage on the M105A2 I got was a couple places where the metal outside lip of the bed got compressed when they strapped it down for transport; 10 minutes straightning it out and a little paint and you'll never know. Can't complain too much. They had even bagged and taped the airline and electrical connectors before storing it for what looks like the last 5 to 10 years before surplusing it out.

jeepin

Hi Carl_in_NH
Yes I picked the trailer up on 17 August. Scott from USFPO office loaded me without a problem.. Trailer had one brand new tire, one 75%. Inside the bed was a 105 top and a nearly new desert tan 101A2 top -so I am happy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks