• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dewey BAPU 3500 watt mobile setup

Falstaff

Here is a photo of my completed BAPU setup. I bought a spun aluminum 5 gallon tank and some fittings, mounted it the the frame (which is aluminum btw) it works quite well. Other rhan the fact that it wake the dead because its so freaking loud).

Anyway, now i am waiting for my 24 volt inverter, my plan is to use the BAPU to charge an array of batteries and use the the inverter for with the BAPU off most of the time at our bug out cabin.

I am into this for:
725 for a legit like new 5 hour on clock Dewey BAPU
125 for the tank
12 bucks in fittings
About 9 bucks for the 3 HF casters

I cant think of any orher system that could charge batteries at this rate for any less (140 +amps at 24v)
(The alternator says its 200 amps!, but i dont think the l100v is enough to handle a 200 amp load.

Anyone know how well a a 24v 3000watt (or bettwr) inverter would work connected direcly to the BAPU terminals?

Attachments

Falstaff

Where you ordered a fuel tank? How many gallons on it?
I ordered the tank on Ebay, search for “spun aluminum fuel tanks” It is 7 gallons. I had to drill a hole in the filler neck and install a through hull style fitting for the return line. This didnt work as well as i planned, it really needs to have a bung welded in. If you can find a tank with a return line fitting already welded in on the top, that would be the way to go.
The spun aluminum tanks are very cheap, but i couldnt find one with a return fitting already installed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks