• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dewinterization of Deuce

bgekky3

I parked my deuce in September when I left for New Mexico. I am in the process of buying a house and I needed to get it running again so I can move.

Chalking it and not using the E brake is a good idea. Mine was making noise and I left it off for the winter.

The batteries are very heavy. My back still hurts.

I put mothballs in it when I left. The mice ate one of the seat cushions and pooped all over the seats. There are still mothballs in the cab. I guess I am going to put some traps in next time.

I took it out of economy 4x6 mode and put it back into 6x6 mode. The spare tires were frozen to the ground. We had to get the loader out to get them loose. Also the chalks were frozen to the ground. We used a spud bar to loosen them.

We rolled out the tires, and I was surprised that the old 50% tires are taller than the new 90 to 95% ones.

The M105 which I will have to move in the near future has sunk and is frozen to the ground.

I hope everyone like the pics.

Attachments

joeypushjr1

nice spot in ohio dude manuta is right in the snow belt. it sucks there . but hey who am i ... i love the snow. cant wait for the snow when they say its comming cause i like to drive in it. hey is it still at your parents house when you went to move it. ??

bgekky3

It is still at my parents' house. I am waiting for the bank to approve an offer on a short sale, so I had to get it ready to move. It will be nice when all my stuff is not spread out across the state.

I still have to fix a leak in one of the hoses on the bottom of the IP.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I know where you can get a good winch truck with XL's on it, way better than bus tires. . . :lol:

And a good running 1008. . .

bgekky3

The covers have been on since last winter. They seem to be holding up well. One zipper was torn, and I had a boat shop sew it closed. The guy asked me not to bring it back bc it was too heavy and too hard on the sewing machine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks