• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DID A SSer GET the 911s

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Did anyone get the TWO 911s for $14,100 each out of hooks, :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:, If you are close to Ga. can I PLEASE drive one a bit.

The m911 in my opinion is one of the MOST beautiful MVs going, just like the WW2 Diamond T 980, (m20 12t )

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
roflI googled it and was reading, at full load, that beauty gets 0.6 MPG. Is a nice looking truck though. Wonder who got em.
Don't worry, If I could afford the m911, the fuel cost would be the least of my cares.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was at Fort Benning, GA the Maintenance 3rd shop had one with a M747 trailer that they pulled their M88 recovery vehicle with.

I got to bobtail it around the Motor Pool once......it's the only truck I've driven that has a bigger turning radius than my M927.

They suck fuel and are slow on the road....but they will pull He!!'s half acre if you can chain up to it.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe it! Maricopa County Sheriff has an M911. Ya gotta like Sheriff Joe. He is the Chuck Norris of Sheriffs.

One was sold here in Oregon on GSA about six months ago. I just had to sit on my hands and not bid.

For the life of me, I just couldn't figure out a legitimate answer to the eternal question, "What are you going to DO with that?"

Oh yeah, also, "Where am I going to park it?" rofl

Coldfusion21

I can't believe it! Maricopa County Sheriff has an M911. Ya gotta like Sheriff Joe. He is the Chuck Norris of Sheriffs.

One was sold here in Oregon on GSA about six months ago. I just had to sit on my hands and not bid.

For the life of me, I just couldn't figure out a legitimate answer to the eternal question, "What are you going to DO with that?"

Oh yeah, also, "Where am I going to park it?" rofl
Do you know what it went for? I imagine a logging company or something of that nature bought it. Even when it's expensive to us it's a still a steal for them...

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Compared to what? I would say the M51 can easily get lost being parked on the back of that beast.

Fuel consumption. I was shocked to learn that one of my next favoriets (see below) uses 1:1, this is even worse.

Daf YB 626.jpg
Daf YB 616, continental red seal engine R6602/183

The link actually goes to the website of a Dutch non-profit run by and for Dutchbatt vets who were in Libanon in 1979 (UN peacekeeping). Some of them became enthousiast about preserving the vehicles they used and ended up owning several of them.

On the menu on the left, the link "wagenpark"links to several of the vehicles they have. The link video shows some of their actions and meetings. Have a look at the fifth video; probably to the liking of many here.

Last edited:
Compared to what? I would say the M51 can easily get lost being parked on the back of that beast.

Fuel consumption. I was shocked to learn that one of my next favoriets (see below) uses 1:1, this is even worse.

View attachment 354246
Daf YB 616, continental red seal engine R6602/183

The link actually goes to the website of a Dutch non-profit run by and for Dutchbatt vets who were in Libanon in 1979 (UN peacekeeping). Some of them became enthousiast about preserving the vehicles they used and ended up owning several of them.

On the menu on the left, the link "wagenpark"links to several of the vehicles they have. The link video shows some of their actions and meetings. Have a look at the fifth video; probably to the liking of many here.
Castle Bravo is referring to his beautiful M916 tractor sitting next to the M911 in the pics he posted.

The Indian reservation here has an M911 and an M747 trailer they got out of Holloman AFB.
They have had it for 2-3 years and i don't think they have even started it much less driven it.
Would of been much better off in the hands of one of us!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks