• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did all the 4 speed hmmwv come with the 4L80

springer1981

Quick 2 vs Quick 4 and who to buy it from. The USShift.com Quick 4 has more features and cost less if you buy it direct. IMO there is no reason to spend double for less of a product. If you are inclined to go with the Quick 2 then buying direct with a wiring harness will cost about $600 vs BD at $1100 for the same thing. US Shift will preprogram it for your HMMWV.

The Quick 4 offers a lot more features and buying it direct is about $750, also preprogramed.

The kits are fairly complete but you may have to modify a few things but no rocket science is involved. Certainly not $500 worth of extra work or parts. I used the Quick 4 in my build and it was pretty simple to install and they nailed the preprogramming. I don't work for the company, just a happy customer.

Q4.jpg

springer1981

Here are the basics from my install in case the "May have to modify" from my post above has you worried.

This is literally all you have to connect on your own.
tcu1.JPG

The rest of it is the included wiring harness, plug and play.
tcu2.JPG

Then if you are adventurous there are other options you can use. Most of these are not in the Quick 2
tcu3.JPG

Really adventurous and you can install buttons or paddle shifting on your steering wheel.
tcu4.JPG

I mounted my display where I could see and use it but that is not required. Here is what the display gives you.
tcu5.JPG

Here's where I mounted mine but there are plenty of other options.
TCU7.jpg

4x4Junkie13

Those are good options but for now, as I am rebuilding this M1123, I found a TCM for $200 and I'll see how well it works. If I feel the need later Ill upgrade to one of these stand alone units. Thanks for all the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks