• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did anyone buy one of the HMMWVs recently on sale?

RDUKW

There's going to be another surge of people, who never considered getting one before but will now, as FoxNews.com just ran a story about a 2008 model with links to a certain auction site. I'm giving up on newer stuff and just going back to finding something I can restore like the M37.
The funny part is there are some idiots out there that believe they are 2008 and will pay accordingly. Little do they know that the data plate was changed and marked wrong as last I heard the were not using 6.2 engines and 400 transmissions on 08

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Today was cheap....going to drop below 10k in the next few rounds...or even round.
eastern trucks trucks look much nicer.....Barstow trucks look crappy.
I didn't even watch the auctions yesterday. What did things go for? I kinda thought things would work out.

But then again, there was only like 30 of them for sale right? rofl

DeucesWild11

Just took a peek at the listings, they don't make it that obvious that it's for off road use only, took me a few minutes to find where it says it. Well I for one am at least glad they are not getting cut up and de-milled. I'd love to get a road legal one someday.

Blackmagic94

I just find it comical how much debate, speculation, and rumors have been created by the auction of these trucks. I guess some people just like to sit on the sidelines and play armchair commander lol.

Either way I have one of my 4 out at Glamis sand dunes this weekend and I am going to romp the **** of it for good times. Please continue with our scheduled cry fest.

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just find it comically how much debate, speculation, and rumors have been created by the auction of these trucks. I guess some people just like to sit on the sidelines and play armchair commander lol.

Either way I have one of my 4 out at Glamis sand dunes this weekend and I am going to romp the **** of it for good times. Please continue with out scheduled cry fest.
I know how you feel, I bought a bunch of silver when it was 28 dollars an ounce. . . lost almost 50% of my investment to date, hope it doesn't go any lower.

And I think the word you were looking for is "comical"

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just find it comical how much debate, speculation, and rumors have been created by the auction of these trucks. I guess some people just like to sit on the sidelines and play armchair commander lol.

Either way I have one of my 4 out at Glamis sand dunes this weekend and I am going to romp the **** of it for good times. Please continue with our scheduled cry fest.

Last edited by Blackmagic94; Today at 15:52.

Darn website always posts the date and time the post was edited. . . ;)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know how you feel, I bought a bunch of silver when it was 28 dollars an ounce. . . lost almost 50% of my investment to date, hope it doesn't go any lower.

And I think the word you were looking for is "comical"
Sucks to be "first" sometimes. I've paid stupid prices for the privilege before. (Guns, I get dealer cost)

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sucks to be "first" sometimes. I've paid stupid prices for the privilege before. (Guns, I get dealer cost)
Well I guess if your rich, have a trust fund, or have won the lottery, Then money isn't that important I guess. Remember when SteelSoldiers sold his 5 ton?

I'll play when they go under 7-8K

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There was a rumor that less than have so far been sold were the only ones to be sold. And the rest were to be scrapped by some Australian contractor or something along those lines. Looks, thus far, to not have been true.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I WILL own one WHEN they are FREE or PAID to take it, anything. more will be OVER valued

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a rumor that less than have so far been sold were the only ones to be sold. And the rest were to be scrapped by some Australian contractor or something along those lines. Looks, thus far, to not have been true.
It was on the interweb it must be true .:roll: :cookoo:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
GP is now selling HUMMWVs for $5,000

Now I don't feel so bad about my 50% loss on my silver investment. . . . so, what is a 120,000 dollar investment that has declined to 20,000 percentage wise? I was never good at math. . . . :shock:

and please remember all dollar amounts end with "ish"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're getting close to the lines of upcoming auction discussion. Let's steer clear of that.

And I'd really like to see more "incomplete" ones coming out. I have no problem putting labor/parts into one.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I don't feel so bad about my 50% loss on my silver investment. . . . so, what is a 120,000 dollar investment that has declined to 20,000 percentage wise? I was never good at math. . . . :shock:

and please remember all dollar amounts end with "ish"
One way:

100 - (100 x (20000/120000)) = 87% loss

You can quickly do it in your head to get a rough estimate. Current value 10% of 120,000 is 12,000 times 2 = $24,000 or 20% and since you are saying $20,000 and that is less than $24,000 you know the current value percentage wise is less than that so just round off a couple of percent and you get 18% which is close enough for anyone here.

Clear as Georgia mud.