• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

did anyone win this M49A2 out of Fort Sill

Patattack

just wondering, its are units old fueler till we got the new A4 hemtt fueler, they totaly described it wrong, it wasnt towed in, we drove it in and it does start all it needs is new batterys, that truck was rarely used cuz we had a fuel point with a 4500gal tank. if any one did win that truck is a really good truck well maintaned!

AM General Corporation M49A2C Fuel Tank Truck, 2 1/2 ton 6x6. SN 87L337.Powered by a 6-cylinder multifuel engine driving through a five-speed manual overdrive transmission and two-speed transfer case 1200 gal capacity. Odometer reads 19,911 miles. Vehicle does not run and is not drivable, vehicle was towed in. Buyer Loads.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if someone purposely listed it that way in order to thin the bidder crowd.
That occured a few years back at a local municipal auction on a 60 passenger bus.
It was listed with a host of problems when in fact it had just been given a soft overhaul.
An insider scooped it up for next to nothing.

joshuaz223

when i purchased my bulldozer it was from a small township in Pa. their requirement was that the bid had to be posted for 30 days. they posted the notice on a bullitin board in a locked classroom in the town barn. a friends wife did the cleaning and noticed the notice and so i waited until 5 min before the bid closed and put in a fairly low bid $1500 for a cat D4. turns out there were only two bids one for $50 and mine. when i picked up the dozer i got a lot of hard stares.

It looked to be in to good of shape from the pics, to be in the condition that GL discribed it as. I put a bid (low) on it, knowing that I would'nt win, it atleast I could go back and see what it went for. Looks like some lucky party got a Good truck!
Of corse alot of times looks are deciving!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
when i purchased my bulldozer it was from a small township in Pa. their requirement was that the bid had to be posted for 30 days. they posted the notice on a bullitin board in a locked classroom in the town barn. a friends wife did the cleaning and noticed the notice and so i waited until 5 min before the bid closed and put in a fairly low bid $1500 for a cat D4. turns out there were only two bids one for $50 and mine. when i picked up the dozer i got a lot of hard stares.
Smart shopper!

KsM715

I hope that after you picked it up you went to the next city council meeting with your info and a few of your fellow township citizens.

Patattack

one problem people, they probley put towed in because they are to lazy to slave it off cuz it was in a different lot from were we parked it i know cuz my m1009 was right next to it, plus i would know if i towed it in cuz im the wrecker driver, i wish i won it too but have one place to put it. :sad:

rossbart

Well, I was the guy that won this fuel truck. I plann on using it for a farm fuel truck. However, I didn't see this post until I got online this morning to try to find out how to access a manual as I have no idea how the pumping / filtering mechanism works.

As to the truck, just got it home today so don't know what does or doesn't work. But, although the batteries are totally dead (won't even take a charge) it did start at the GL lot with jumper cables (no slave receptical due to being a fuel truck, I guess) and it was driven on my trailer.

Will let you know more.

Thanks,
Ross

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks