• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did I just buy a 2023 LMTV M1078A1 or not?

RAPTORPILOT1960

Hello, I just joined today after bidding and winning a "2023" LMTV M1078A1 unit in Arizona through Iron Planet. Is this really a 2023? As the condition does not represent the 4/23 manufactory date? The Cat. engine also has 1999 EPA date? Please advise with any help, Thank you.

RAPTORPILOT1960

Hello, I just joined today after bidding and winning a "2023" LMTV M1078A1 unit in Arizona through Iron Planet. Is this really a 2023? As the condition does not represent the 4/23 manufactory date? The Cat. engine also has 1999 EPA date? Please advise with any help, Thank you.

Attachments

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did it sell for?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it's a 2004. The truck has a battery disconnect box and lacks the features of an A1R: cab grab handles, larger door handles, etc. The 2004 year models (with some variance of late-late 2003's) received these upgrades that later became standard on the A1Rs 2006 onwards.

You sir have a typo that may cause you some pain at the tax office later.

RRaulston

I've been to that yard.

It is a nightmare of disorganization.

Everyone there other than Isaiah is a rude SOB.

Best of luck, you'll need it.
I buy tires there all the time. I wish they would take pics of the large metal rods protruding through the tread rendering the tire useless.... Oh, and tires that are listed one week, and gone the next, never having been bid on? Those FMTVs have been there for a while. Every time I ask when they will come up to auction, I get we just don't have time to process them. Shut up....most GP yards have hundreds of items. Last check the AZ yard had like 54 +-. Then I get yelled at cause I drove in the wrong spot. IM NOT THE ONE WHO SET UP THE CONES! Sorry, rant over...

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 2001 m1083 has an engine epa date the same as yours. I'm pretty sure you got a 2003-2004

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was the truck won for more than it would have likely went for if correctly listed as an 2003, If so might it be worth disputing or forfeiting the action? Unless your in a state that you can very easily wash the title to correct the issue I would assume the truck to be worth 10-25% less in value than a similar 2003.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was the truck won for more than it would have likely went for if correctly listed as an 2003, If so might it be worth disputing or forfeiting the action? Unless your in a state that you can very easily wash the title to correct the issue I would assume the truck to be worth 10-25% less in value than a similar 2003.
It sold well within the normal range

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ronmar has a good point - you may have an argument for getting a substantial refund since the truck will almost surely have issues being registered with the paperwork they are going to give you. You should also ask them to please fix the paperwork side of things - you can show them a VIN decoder with the correct year and obviously it couldn't have the build date that they claim - that's logically impossible. If they will fix the paperwork it's not that difficult to have a new data plate made up.

coachgeo

Ronmar has a good point - you may have an argument for getting a substantial refund since the truck will almost surely have issues being registered with the paperwork they are going to give you. You should also ask them to please fix the paperwork side of things - you can show them a VIN decoder with the correct year and obviously it couldn't have the build date that they claim - that's logically impossible. If they will fix the paperwork it's not that difficult to have a new data plate made up.
that one plate of 4/23 on it is what likely threw them off. What is that plate? Does not look like the main plate by driver knee. Will be interesting to see what the paperwork he gets actually says

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks