• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did I just find a SUPER LOW mileage M60?!!?

ruckus

....I'm pretty sure I did, Well at least the M60 part!

After talking to a buddy at work about my Green Steel Disease, He told me of an "Old army truck" way off the beaten path. So I made it by there today and looky at what I found! It's not really the low mileage gem I made it out to be, but from what I've learned here, it IS an M60! No wheel arches, and has the "bed rails" on it.
Granted, she's pretty rough (that's putting it mildly!) But it seems to be mostly there. Although the front winch is obviously gone, but weren't these supposed to have rear winches as well?
Question is, when I get a chance to talk to the owner and find out what he wants for it, Whats it worth? Especially in this condition?
Oh, and any particular reason it's Yellow instead of ODG or Tri color camo?

Anyway, here's a few pics Lemme know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Those are not factory gauges, so as always with MV's don't expect the mileage to be anywhere correct.

ruckus

Yeah, I laughed when I saw the odometer knowing it wasn't EVEN close to correct.

But from what I've been able to research the truck is definitely a unique item! Thanks for the welcomes!...........now, is this thing worth fixing, or is it just a parts truck at this point? I would think it could be had cheap but I don't know if I got it in me to fix all the things that could be wrong with her!

Thanks!

Jason

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly, it's not an M60 from what I can see. I believe it is a deuce with an M62 bed. No lightening holes in the boom is the give away.

ruckus

Sadly, it's not an M60 from what I can see. I believe it is a deuce with an M62 bed. No lightening holes in the boom is the give away.
No kidding?!?! I was SURE when I saw the gasser engine that it was the famed M60!
I would have posted a pic of an ID plate, if I could have found one! But then again I really don't know where to look!

I got some more pitchers of it if that would help?!

Thanks,

Jason

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That's where the controls for the crane be! In the passengers seat, or more to the point where the passengers seat USED to be!

So, obviously it's not an M60. Is it just an abortion of parts and pieces?

Thanks again!

Jason
Yes you are right(fixed it for you).

Are you able to gets parts off it?:whistle:

Empty Pockets

It is pretty cool. Truck looks solid only some minor suface rust. If you could get the truck to crank over and fire I say it's a keeper. Once you get the hydrualics figured out the truck could be extremely usefull.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Unfortunately, that bed on a deuce frame will destroy it in short order unless you use the outriggers religiously.

Empty Pockets

The truck looks like it has seen it's fair share of modifications through out it's life. Maybe the frame was reinforced when the body was put on the truck. I wouldn't worry about it until you have talked to the owner and tried to turn the engine over. Without the engine turning freely you are stuck 14,000 plus pound paperweight.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the M62 bed on it, it's closer to 20-21,000lbs

Why would you put the controls in the cab? Wouldn't that make it impossible to see what you are lifting?

Xed

You wouldn't happen to have found this in a little podunk town called arnold would you have?

If so i used to live by that guy about 10 years ago...He had 2 of the M35 trucks and is partially the reason i like them so much.

ruckus

No sir, this one is a looooong way from Arnold. Down in SW MO by the Oklahoma line to be a little more specific. BUT, the guy that owns it used to be a trucker so he could have easily bought it up there and hauled it here on the cheap!?

Jason

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks