• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did I just say that I would sell my 109?

GoldComet6

I have been asked if I would sell my 109. I have been thinking about it, but didn't think I ever WOULD. I can't believe I am thinking about this. I even set a price. Whats wrong with me?
Okay, I'll step out and be the lone voice in the OD wilderness and say: sell it.

Here is my simple thought...I see so many people with stuff they want to keep but will never do anything with. Let it go to someone else that really wants a 109 project and will fix it up now and enjoy it. It's better for the 109 too.

I see people that have lots of stuff (like a '67 Mustang) rotting away in their yard, but they wouldn't ever sell it. They end up with more stuff than they can ever restore and use. So in my example...the car ends up being worth nothing because it sat out in the weather for years. The owner lost out from the money by selling it and other Mustang owners lost out since the car and parts were ruined.

If you don't have the time now, let it go and take care of the projects you have going on currently. Enjoy the remaining MVs you have and move on - don't dwell on a project you don't have time for. It seems you're already thinking this way now.....something is telling you to sell it.

If you sell it now and regret it in a few years, you can buy another. Maybe prices will be higher, and maybe they won't. Perhaps you'll sell it and never look back.

It just seems like there isn't a reason to keep it and let it sit outside and deteriorate for years. What have you gained by that?

From my experience, when I got done with a project car - I was usually going to sell it a few years later. When I did, I was ready to move on to the next one. I haven't thought much about the ones I sold, since I enjoyed them, but have a new one to drive.

2cents2cents

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as you can find a replacement storage shed, I say sell it. I'd make that sale contingent on the buyer joining the rabble and convoying the M109A3 down to the GA Rally for some excellent fun, food and fellowship. It would also be nice to have an extra truck to tote trailers in both directions. Ole Smokey isn't getting enough excecise anyways.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, you didn't even mention getting rid of it when you were here Monday. I'd like to have a 109. I can't afford one right now so that's out but if it is because it is taking up too much space you are welcome to park it up here. Not too far away from you and you could still store stuff in it as your remote command post.

If it's space I can help out.

sw

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you ever read a web site called steelsoldiers, I wouldn't NEED to tell you. You'd have known for almost 10 days now! rofl

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh he's just upset because he finally saw the inside of my barn. I think it was the 3,940 sq ft of smooth concrete floor. Well, that and he also saw the M373A2 sitting inside that I won instead of him.

:)

sw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks