• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did pretty good yesterday

randyw69

I went to a GSA auction yesterday looking to score a 1008 and wound up winning the bid on 5 trucks! One is actually a 1028 or 1031 due to the 205 transfer. Maybe someone here can clue me in on which ones came with the 205. They are about 100 miles south of me so I will be retrieving them 2 at a time and should have them all home by Sat. I have been wanting ONE forever and am tickled to wind up with this many. When I get them all here I will post pics! rofl

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1028A1 and the M1031 have the NP205 (cast iron). The M1028 has the NP208 (aluminum). Nice score, post pics, and good luck with the recovery.

Last edited:

randyw69

Got 2 more home today{220 mile round trip} Found out the one I wasn't sure of is a 1031 with aluminum cargo box with a monster electric motor and smaller air compressor in back. This is a daylight to dark operation as I am at the mercy of the Forestry Commision workers to help load these things. It was a GSA auction selling used Ms. Forestry Comm. trucks. The Government loans these trucks to Ms. Forestry and they loan them to local volunteer fire depts. They also said "no more on-site auctions" and will do the next one on-line. I will post pics Monday as my wife has to download pics at her work. As soon as I get them, ya'll will see them, I promise. Also, there are no specs in "resources" for a 1031. Are they the ones with a limited slip in the front axle??? Thanks, Randy.

randyw69

Finally got pics!!!

Here are pics of the 5 CUCV's I won on the 3rd. The red m1031 is currently listed in "Classifieds" Will keep 2 to restore for myself. Click on this link to view more detailed pics http://community.webshots.com/user/randyw69

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks