• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did the supply of M101A2s and 3s dry up??

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of 15-20 tans ones still parked in the same spot at a local dealer who must have originally had like 50 m116,m105, and m101a2 and was big into scrapping the 5 tons. The way they are parked some have not moved in the 5 years I know him.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can have a couple of my $300 101’s if you want.

The storage fees are outrageous though! :)

I just reviewed the last years auction prices on 101’s and 1101 and 1102’s.

Dang. Some of these got fierce.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of 15-20 tans ones still parked in the same spot at a local dealer who must have originally had like 50 m116,m105, and m101a2 and was big into scrapping the 5 tons. The way they are parked some have not moved in the 5 years I know him.
Local Dealers info??

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be prepared. He doesn’t have 15-20 because he’s ignorant of prices! (But if he is, Ill make it worth your while if you call me first!! :) )

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is in Purvis, Ms on Hwy 11 next to Lamar Concrete. I had it in my contacts but I am now a few phones different and does not seem to be on my current phone. He was asking $700-800.

I was there a month ago after the Rally at Camp Shelby. Peaked in the yard to see what was still there. All the tan m101a2 were still there with a few m116, m200, 5 ton lmtv bed, and a few m105's. He also has this hmmw gen set trailer frame with a belly tank and leveling jacks on each end. No data plates. Gen set long gone. CSM Davis knows the guy-Harold? Ask Jeff as it is just a few miles from his house.

He might also still have some m936 wreckers as he stopped scrapping them when he realized what they worth. He scrapped 100's of M931/M932/M936.

Last edited:

86m1028

I just bought a drift boat for the summer, so was thinking about thinning my herd of 101’s. I know, I know, it’s hard to do. It’s like selling an organ, a child or a gun. I just never do it!
But, who needs 4 of them?
Me.
Wow, just ran across this old post searching for brake issues (only builds 30 psi) on a 5 ton.

I bought a “few” back in the days & still have 14-15 of them.
Most are unmolested, same condition as the day I picked them up.
Guess I should start listing them now.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like at least one more.
Someday.

Best overall trailer the Military ever fielded, IMHO.