• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did you guys see the 1993 HMMWV's for sale?

Chief_919

Fair enough. I thought only '86-'88 models were released in that sale.

As for the auction site, last time I made mention of an ongoing auction I was warned about "collusion".

thanks,
Ron
There have been so many shenanigans around the titles to the trucks from that sale that they could have been titled as anything....

63foxtrot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These hummers were used in the HBO series Genaration Kill. all junk missing alot of parts. slapped together in south africa. rode hard and put away wet.I would stay away.

Wile E. Coyote

These hummers were used in the HBO series Genaration Kill. all junk missing alot of parts. slapped together in south africa. rode hard and put away wet.I would stay away.
I've pretty much looked through the usual suspects and can't find any reference to this sale/auction/whatever. Can anyone send me the URL?

I worked on a big-budget feature which shall remain nameless and they'd picked up a bunch of HMMWVs from another production (Ironman, I think.) Anyway, I'm doing my consultant gig and checking these out prior to their use on the film and...heh...let's just say they run a little cooler when they actually HAVE all the hydraulic lines etc. run to let the Kysor fan setup actually...y'know...do something. Sigh. Lots of other stuff missing too, and not one hand brake worked, nor had any hope of working. Fortunately they didn't really have to do very much, though I think KASCAR probably wound up giving everyone a nice Christmas bonus that year as these guys bought whatever they desperately had to have in a big rush for big dollars.

Anyhow, if someone could send me the link to these HMMWVs I'd appreciate it.

mikeyapproved

I've pretty much looked through the usual suspects and can't find any reference to this sale/auction/whatever. Can anyone send me the URL?

I worked on a big-budget feature which shall remain nameless and they'd picked up a bunch of HMMWVs from another production (Ironman, I think.) Anyway, I'm doing my consultant gig and checking these out prior to their use on the film and...heh...let's just say they run a little cooler when they actually HAVE all the hydraulic lines etc. run to let the Kysor fan setup actually...y'know...do something. Sigh. Lots of other stuff missing too, and not one hand brake worked, nor had any hope of working. Fortunately they didn't really have to do very much, though I think KASCAR probably wound up giving everyone a nice Christmas bonus that year as these guys bought whatever they desperately had to have in a big rush for big dollars.

Anyhow, if someone could send me the link to these HMMWVs I'd appreciate it.

The clue to the link is on the posted picture.... bottom r/h corner is an icon that id's the picture as being on ebay... at least sometime in it's life:wink:

mikey

Wile E. Coyote

Yup, MikeyApproved...caught the little pic and started the treasure-hunt on Ebay (Harr!..thar be Pirates!) but the only HMMWVs there were a 1993 project vehicle and somebody trying to win the P.T. Barnum 'sucker born every minute' lottery with a $35,000 special (or something...once it goes over $20K I develop a very short attention span. :) The original post mentioned Humvees in the plural -- as though some non-Ebay type source had a bunch for sale somewheres. The 'Generation Kill' reference further got me thinking along those lines.

Oddly I just saw that exact same Humvee pic in one of the collector mags for some sort of defribrillator-required price (Supply Line, I think)...so...I dunno...'twas a voyage 'round the South Seas for naught....arr.

A lot of these wild goose chases wind up the same way: a) some overpriced hangar queen with chrome wheel nuts and a CD player, or b) a solitary 'project vehicle' with bent frame parts assembled in the dark by someone with a boxfull of Grade 5 bolts, a pair of vice-grips, and a pipe-wrench...titled as a 1979 Honda Civic. Still...like all the reporters say...if you don't follow the lead - you don't get the story - so nothing lost, I guess. :roll:

mikeyapproved

The original post mentioned Humvees in the plural -- as though some non-Ebay type source had a bunch for sale somewheres. :roll:[/quote said:
Hmmmm, I thought that the auction on ebay said "15 available" ??

Either way, they sound like major projects..... Still wish I had not missed the bunch in Ecuador!! :-x

mikey
:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks