• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel fitting sealant

ratat98

Hey all! Happy New Year!
I started off my new year with a leaking manifold heater and replaced the o rings in it only to find that almost every fitting on the manifold heater system, from the IP to the electric pump, was leaking as well. I put Teflon tape on them as a temporary fix but I know it won't last. What's the best sealant to put on these fittings?

135gmc

Loctite makes sealants that work well for diesel - check their web site. I've had good luck with Loctite 545 pneumatic/hydraulic sealant and with Loctite 554 refrigerant sealant. Some of the mechanics who fix marine diesels use epoxy on all the fuel fittings instead of any sealant to avoid future leaks. The only problem would be if you ever have to get the fittings apart. Epoxy would probably require that you get the fittings 100% clean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks