• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel in Truck Bed

Akicita

How do I remove diesel from the bare metal of a truck bed ?
Fuel spilled from a plastic 6 gal. fuel container and made a real mess.

I tried Dawn dish liquid and water because that was readily available.
I brushed rigorously and it helped some but not enough.

I read that spreading Arm & Hammer baking soda out and then pouring Coca-Cola works. I guess the baking soda is for absorption and Coke will wash what is left off.
Can anyone here confirm that ?

I want this stuff gone by Memorial Day.
The bed is not safe to walk on like this.

natem

If you are preping for paint use "metal prep" wax and greese remover. It's a solivent avalable at auto paint supply stores. I use it often, it will protect bare metal from rust (indoors) for an extended time.

Nate

Capt.Marion

Purple Degreaser or Industrial Purple or whatever it's called is really great. It's also perfect for washing your tires when they get real mudded up.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are preping for paint use "metal prep" wax and greese remover. It's a solivent avalable at auto paint supply stores. I use it often, it will protect bare metal from rust (indoors) for an extended time.

Nate
:ditto:That is right you hit the nail right on the head :ditto:

Akicita

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Early this morning, I poured more Dawn on the bed, dipped my brush into a bucket of water and scrubbed real hard. The bed looks good now, the troop seats are down, and if anyone wants to climb into the back on Memorial Day, I won't have to worry that they'll slip and slide right off truck again.