• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel-Kleen overdose

black06

I helped a fellow forum member work on his M1008 truck today and ran into a little issue

long story short....I had a slight pouring mishap and added 16 oz of diesel-kleen(rated for 50 gallons) with cetane boost to about 5-10 gallons of mixed old diesel and fresh (truck was parked in 2001 and has run since) Am I going to destroy anything if I fire her up again?? :cry: I know the J-code diesels are a bit higher compression than their civvy counterparts

grizcty

I swear by Power Service.
And swear every time I purchase it.
As the price has gone way up, while the bottle size has gone way down.
I use the products daily.
Gray bottle summer.
White for winter.
Red for emergency freeze ups.:cry:

Years ago I spoke to a company rep. by phone.
I was questioning the product.
And wanted to know what would happen, by over using it.
(I am a doubting Thomas, about additives)

He sent me a packet about 2" thick, by mail.
It contained info, on various motors that they tested.
Including one on a 7.3 ltr., which ran continuously for 1000 hrs. (I think)
During this testing, they used twice the amount of additive recommended.

Then they tore down the motor, looking for wear/damage.
None occurred.

I was impressed.

tourdog

i will agree you wont hut any thing in winter i add a full bottle every fill up the 911 power service and in real cold below 0 i put two in never any prombles . the trucks here at work all we use is 911 as aditives and alot of it never any prombles.

Chief_919

I use power service to fill my fuel filters when I change them. 100% additive for 15-20 seconds doesn't hurt, and seems to clean the fuel system out nicely, so you will be fine.

black06

that's good to hear, I was just a bit worried about burning something up since the 6.2's are tempermental sometimes. I usually use the Lucas injector cleaner with my gas GM trucks and always toss the entire quart in before I fill up, but diesels are still new to me.:oops:

black06

Ok charged up the batteries tonight and fired it up with no problems. Drove around the property for 5 mins to charge the batteries. I'll swap in a fresh fuel filter this weekend and see what happens. Luckily the previous owner did the NAPA spin on filter retrofit....and left a spare filter behind the seat!

Thanks again!

Last edited: