• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel leak making sure i have the right fix

robkiller

So in the picture attached is the injector pump. A red line on the picture shows the location i am getting diesel leaking from. I also placed a line in green to the part i think needs to be replaced to fix that leak. I just want to make sure that i am not missing anything and that is the right part. You guys are the best thanks.

Also if that is the part anyone know how i can get one? Any leads?

Thanks againleak pic.jpg

robkiller

So in the picture attached is the injector pump. A red line on the picture shows the location i am getting diesel leaking from. I also placed a line in green to the part i think needs to be replaced to fix that leak. I just want to make sure that i am not missing anything and that is the right part. You guys are the best thanks.

Also if that is the part anyone know how i can get one? Any leads?

Thanks againView attachment 469379
This pic may be better to look at my lines. leak pic2.jpg

dmetalmiki

Yep..you got it..That "O" ring has to be changed. also check the "knurled headed bolt" on the side of the H.H. they sometimes are torqued wrong and can drip.

Munchies

Yeap. Might as well just get the KTxxxx kit from ambac and reseal the whole thing while its off. Make sure the throttle arm inside the pump is moving freely and the end pivots interdependently of the middle part that is held into the bore there. Sometimes they corrode and stick together REAL bad inside because of the tight tolerances. No magic additives will fix this except cutting the tack weld off the end, pulling it apart, cleaning the shaft off, and giving it a light polish. If they stick together the whole assembly is forced to turn and it will ruin the O ring.

robkiller

Yeap. Might as well just get the KTxxxx kit from ambac and reseal the whole thing while its off. Make sure the throttle arm inside the pump is moving freely and the end pivots interdependently of the middle part that is held into the bore there. Sometimes they corrode and stick together REAL bad inside because of the tight tolerances. No magic additives will fix this except cutting the tack weld off the end, pulling it apart, cleaning the shaft off, and giving it a light polish. If they stick together the whole assembly is forced to turn and it will ruin the O ring.
Do you know what kit number I need from ambac? How mich for the entire kit any ideas?

jbk

i found the correct o ring for the trottle shaft at napa just bring the old one. you may also go to ambacs web site, its a model 50 pump. i purchaced a couple kits they were like $27.00 each.

robkiller

i found the correct o ring for the trottle shaft at napa just bring the old one. you may also go to ambacs web site, its a model 50 pump. i purchaced a couple kits they were like $27.00 each.
Ambac is not an easy website to find things on. The model 50 pump only shows up as Sku 502/4A80A9540A. I have no idea if this is correct or even what i need. Does anyone have the sku or name it under?

jbk

ambac international, kt85236 kit, is whats on their pakage i have in front of me. i went to their site and didnt find this # so i would call them and give them this #. its been 2years since i got these.

robkiller

So i am taking the injector pump apart. It was working however it was leaking i thought i would replace all the seals. Mistake so it looks like part number 38 in this picture is broken. I would guess it was already borken and it was just working without it. Below is the list of the part. Any idea how to get one of these? Its in three parts at this time.

51 38 XBHZZ XBFZZ XB--- XBHZZ 5365-01-022-8817 SPACER,VALVE SR8515 (01843)

broken part.jpg

robkiller

Ok Its hard to understand what they are saying so i want to run something past you guys. When installing the throttle control into the injector pump this is what i did. I took throttle control lever seen as number 16 and placed it so the lever was up and down just as the pump is. I then too the pine that goes into the end of 16 also called 16 and made it 90 degrees from the lever. Or parallel to the pump. I then took a pen and moved the piece that looks like 2 washers (see 2nd pic) together thats inside the pump so that the pine would fit in the middle of the 2 washer . Is this correct? Does anyone have pics or a better way to help understand if i am doing this correct or not?

part.jpg20130216_192620.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ok Its hard to understand what they are saying so i want to run something past you guys. When installing the throttle control into the injector pump this is what i did. I took throttle control lever seen as number 16 and placed it so the lever was up and down just as the pump is. I then too the pine that goes into the end of 16 also called 16 and made it 90 degrees from the lever. Or parallel to the pump. I then took a pen and moved the piece that looks like 2 washers (see 2nd pic) together thats inside the pump so that the pine would fit in the middle of the 2 washer . Is this correct? Does anyone have pics or a better way to help understand if i am doing this correct or not?

View attachment 472381View attachment 472382
Sorry I missed this thread till now. PMing phone number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks