• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

diesel noises

digitaldust

how would one know if a white diesel had a rod going ? how does the know play out what kind of knock would it be

gears are they straight cut ? should i be hearing a light wow wow wow syncro sound?

hissing from the dash is this normal fix going on here ?

i build pressure for air 0 - 100 lbs in like 1 -1.5 min
m109a3 with 16,500 miles and 572 hrs clean truck
thanks I'm into day 3 now by a few hrs

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are concerned about the internal workings, easiest thing to do is cut the oil filtres open to see if there are "sparkleys" in the media.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's pretty easy to pull the pan, and check for loose rod/main bearings. Jack up the frame of the truck some, letting the axle drop, to gain enough room to remove the pan.

digitaldust

i dont here knocking a low rpm but at 2100 ir so or in 5th at 2000 2200 there is a clattering sound ,, what should oil pressure be its stright to 30 at start then to 60 after rpm hits 1000

Maverick1701

i dont here knocking a low rpm but at 2100 ir so or in 5th at 2000 2200 there is a clattering sound ,, what should oil pressure be its stright to 30 at start then to 60 after rpm hits 1000
I hope so...mine does the same thing.
I think the info is in the TMs somewhere but I can never remember what the TMs say when I am driving in the truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks