• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel tax on CUCV

KansasBobcat

On latest CUCV purchase Gov Planet added 2% diesel charge (Texas) I called them and sited TXDOT site and that it only applies to vehicles over 14,000 lbs. The site lists many examples. Gov Planet said they would refund tax. So check your invoices!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They also charged that tax on a trailer I bought. They credited the amount but could not delete it. So yes check your invoices.

Tornadogt

On latest CUCV purchase Gov Planet added 2% diesel charge (Texas) I called them and sited TXDOT site and that it only applies to vehicles over 14,000 lbs. The site lists many examples. Gov Planet said they would refund tax. So check your invoices!

I was unaware that the diesel tax only applied to vehicles over 14,000 lbs.... I was charged the diesel tax on a generator. Would the generator also be excluded if it is rated under 14,000 lbs. ??

KansasBobcat

Diesel tax

I was unaware that the diesel tax only applied to vehicles over 14,000 lbs.... I was charged the diesel tax on a generator. Would the generator also be excluded if it is rated under 14,000 lbs. ??
don't know, check Texas TERP regs. sounds like it applies to off road equipment. That would be a large generator!

KansasBobcat

OK, so we have been charged the diesel tax on a cucv, a trailer, a generator... what next? This company has been selling this stuff for years! Again, check your invoices!

Skinny

Just claim that you and your property are a sovereign nation. You could name in Cuck Vee Land or something along those lines. As the man in charge, you can even make up your own license plates! The good thing is that you don't have to pay that diesel tax anymore :)

It's all BS. Government can't spend are money wisely, money runs out, they find new ways of extraction...plain and simple

Csm Davis

Okay so if I get pulled over and they dip the tank and it has the off road red dyed diesel that came in it from Gov Planet I can get away with it because they are taxing it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a Texas tax. Nothing to do with GP or GL. GP is just collecting it. (However they are collecting incorrectly)

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxpubs/tx94_160.html

These programs are partially funded by a 2 percent surcharge on the sale, lease or rental price of heavy-duty, off-road diesel-powered equipment. The surcharge is in addition to regular state and local sales taxes and is collected by the dealer or lessor.

The tax applies to many things.

The 2 percent surcharge is due on all diesel-powered equipment of 50 or more horsepower, new and used, including mobile or stationary equipment used in construction, mining and other activities, with the exception of oil and gas exploration and production and agricultural production activities. No surcharge is due if the purchase, lease or rental is exempt from state sales and use tax.

The following is a partial list of equipment subject to the surcharge:

• bore/drill rigs
  • cement and mortar mixers
  • concrete pavers
  • concrete/industrial saws
  • cranes
  • crawler tractors/dozers
  • crushing/processing equipment
  • dumpsters/tenders
  • excavators
  • graders
  • mining equipment
  • off-highway tractors
  • off-highway trucks
  • pavers
  • paving equipment
  • plate compactors
  • rollers
  • rough terrain forklifts
  • rubber tire loaders
  • rubber tire tractors/dozers
  • scrapers
  • signal boards/light plants
  • skid steer loaders
  • surface equipment
  • tampers and rammers
  • tractors/loaders/backhoes
  • trenchers

I would venture to say that a on-road highway vehicle should not be tax. I am not a Tax Attorney buy I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. ;-)

Last edited:

Skinny

I can assure everyone of two things.

Death and taxes.
What if you practice Buddhism? :)

Seriously, with the luck that I have I believe I truly killed someone in my previous life...

Not sure about the red dye. Maybe mix in some clean motor oil to dilute the color down?

The whole on road diesel tax is quite elusive. I really think it is all fear factor for us. I've never seen a class 3 or lower rig get dipped where I live. Most of them are filling up with off road at the pump which is closest to the roads...LEO's never even blinked at it.

Then you can get into the whole issue of you accruing less miles than the state mimimums where you are required to fill out a form if you are putting off road in an on road. This from what I understand is 100% legal if the outfit is paying tax accordingly and filing the appropriate forms. Then you can get into the whole "I burn biodiesel or WMO" guys who again fall into a mileage category that the government could care less about. At this point you technically are running untaxed fuel which would include off road diesel. It's such a cluster to figure out what is legal but then again what isn't? :)

86m1028

It's just another way of collecting money from us.
Texas has a lower inspection fee on diesels, so to make up for that lost income
they came up with another fee for diesels.
I have had my personal trucks fuel tank checked twice (that I know of) so I bought a locking fuel cap.
Now at least they have to ask me to unlock it & be present when they do it.
Once again it's just a revenue thing for them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets take the inspection discussions elsewhere. This thread is about the Diesel Equipment Surcharge tax that Texas adds to equipment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks