• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

diesel with petrol

reom35a2fluiter

best guys,

Since a few months I am in possession of a deuce and a half.
with a multifuel engine and a turbo (LDT 465 1C).
the fuel pump type is a American bosch PSB6A.
My question is can I use in my tank mixed petrol with diesel fuel by each throw in the tank. or above for certain grades? I would like to wish to learn.
if I do this, it also has disadvantages for my injection pump.

i hope you have more information about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctmustang

The multifuel engine will burn almost anything. If youre asking about mixing gasoline with diesel you can but remember you may have to add some type of oil to the mix. The injector pump will not mind pumping other than diesel.
CT

reom35a2fluiter

what type of oil should I add??

the injection pump should always be lubricated. as I now 60% gasoline and 40% diesel in the tank and mixed well throw a couple of gallons of oil, how do I know if the injection pump is properly lubricated. because if I not lubricated will destroy it, and I want it do occur.

dmetalmiki

Welcome and some advice

I run ALL my M.series Trucks on "contam" which is petrol diesel mix after People (bless them!) put the incorrect uel in thier motor cars. THEN. I add FILTERED waste AQTF auto transmission fluid in the ratio 25-1. just like Motorcycle 2 stroke!.

Lately I run FILTERED to 1 (one) micron: AQTF and HYDRAULIC oil with only LITTLE contam mix as this is getting very Difficult to find.

Bennifit? CLEANS system..MUCH more power, runs like clockwork. OK smokes a bit(a lot!!) but goes like a train!.

plym49

You might need to add a lubricant even if you are running straight diesel. In the States, we have gone to ultra low sulfur diesel. This fuel does not have enough sulfur to provide lubricity for the injection pump. I do not know what type of diesel fuel you have over there. There is a report floating around somewhere on the SS forum about the lubrication provided by various additives including waste motor oil and automatic transmission fluid. Surprisingly, some of these common additives do not provide much IP lubrication. Two-cycle oil is, I believe, a good choice. Maybe someone can post the link to that report.

dburt

Old time truck drivers used to add one quart of ATF fluid to every 40 gallons of straight diesel to help lube the pump. If you run a high ratio of gas with diesel, you will have to add more oil to help lube the pump since the gas dilutes the lubrication qualities of the oil additive and diesel fuel.

The military multifuel truck engines were designed to run on fuels other then straight diesel if it was not available, such as in combat situations out near the front lines, but they will run best and longest on diesel. And that is best demonstrated by how the military ran and fueled thier trucks, I would guess that 99% of the time they were fueled and ran on straight diesel.

The other concern with gasoline is the octane, you dont wanna run high octane gas through a deuce. How much you have to dilute gas with motor oil or the like to lower the octane to the same as diesel, I do not know.

reom35a2fluiter

The multifuel engine will burn almost anything. If youre asking about mixing gasoline with diesel you can but remember you may have to add some type of oil to the mix. The injector pump will not mind pumping other than diesel.
CT
I read that you say you have a specifiek type or oil had.
which oil can add to my thank??? ( hydraulic oil )???

reom35a2fluiter

CT
1qt for every 10-15gal of regular gas.
thanks for the information I will try 10 t0 15 gallons petrol and a quart hydraulic oil in my tank

reom35a2fluiter

best guys,

thanks for the good information.
I will for once try to go out on my reo.
because it is a multifuel and should everything can drink.

I will try 1 quart oil by 10-15 gallons of petrol. always use this hydraulic oil??
or can I use other oils for use??

It means do not use HIGH OCTANE fuels. Most aviation grade gasoline is a minimum of 110 octane.

Here are some primary and alternate fuels as listed in the TM.

Ambient Temperature Fuel
Primary Fuels
No Limit Diesel fuel, VV-F-800, grade DF-A
(NATO code no. F-54)
Above -51° F Turbine fuel, MIL-T-5624, grade JP-5
(NATO code no. F-44)
Above -10°F Diesel fuel, VV-F -800, grade DF-1
(NATO code no. F-54)
Above +32 °F Diesel fuel, VV-F-800, grade DF-2
(NATO code no. F-54)
Alternate Fuels
Above -76°F Aviation gasoline, MIL-G-5572,
AVGAS 80/87 (NATO code no. F-12)
* Commercial aviation gasoline
(ASTM D910), grade 80/87
* Commercial gasoline, leaded, low -
lead, or unleaded, when research
octane number (RON) is 89 or below,
or octane number displayed on
retail gasoline pumps in CONUS is
85 or below
2-

reom35a2fluiter

as I understand I can in my diesel tank 50% diesel and 50% gasoline in it!!!!!!!
can I therefore for example, 35% diesel and 65% gasoline in it or do I need to do some oil case?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks