• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diff failure and rebuild

mdes0

All my parts finally arrived and I was able to start the ARB locker install yesterday. The instructions were good right up to the bearing install. They explain the easy side, passenger side stock bearing gets pressed on to the diff, but there are no instructions for the drivers, ring side, which has the seal housing. Anyway, made some assumptions after looking at the exploded view of the diff and went from there. Unfortunately while pushing the seal housing on the diff both o-rings tore. I had made sure to lube them and the diff up with gear oil and I spun the assembly while pushing it on. Now I have to wait to later this week for more o-rings to arrive. Ordered three sets just in case...

The bearing seat, which it has to be pushed by, has a pretty good edge to it. I'm now debating whether or not to knock that down a bit before I try again. Had expected to get the diff in the truck this weekend so this is pretty frustrating.

If you go this route I would recommend having an extra set of o-rings on had before you start, it's worth the extra 7 bucks.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks